What's new

RT-AC68U USB3.0 Reducing Interference web ui item not visible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Qwert

New Around Here
I'm using ASUS RT-AC68U, firmware 384.7_2

I've owned this router for a few years and have used merlin on it ever since I got it. Upgrading periodically.

I have never used USB3.0 port. I want to start using it, and I have a USB 3.0 external HDD (1TB, nothing fancy). So I formatted it to ext4 on my ubuntu machine (gparted). Then plugged it into the usb3.0 port and nothing detects (used dmesg | tail). I plug it into the usb2.0 port and I see dev/sda show up in the dmesg tail. So the drive is good, and formatted correctly. But it appears as if the usb 3.0 port is not working. I saw the advice to disable the reducing interference, but when I go to

Wireless > Professional

there is no "Reducing USB 3.0 Interference" item. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm using ASUS RT-AC68U, firmware 384.7_2

I've owned this router for a few years and have used merlin on it ever since I got it. Upgrading periodically.

I have never used USB3.0 port. I want to start using it, and I have a USB 3.0 external HDD (1TB, nothing fancy). So I formatted it to ext4 on my ubuntu machine (gparted). Then plugged it into the usb3.0 port and nothing detects (used dmesg | tail). I plug it into the usb2.0 port and I see dev/sda show up in the dmesg tail. So the drive is good, and formatted correctly. But it appears as if the usb 3.0 port is not working. I saw the advice to disable the reducing interference, but when I go to

Wireless > Professional

there is no "Reducing USB 3.0 Interference" item. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated.
There is a new setting under the drive itself on the network map page or on the system page. Change usb3 to usb2 and your drive will mount. It will mount as usb2 though. It would seem that your drive is not supported as many are. So usb 2 is likely the only option for you.

thanks for the fast reply, that's what I suspected. So either go out and buy a different usb 3.0 HDD, or live with usb 2.0

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!