What's new

rt-ac88u 5ghz no led lit, no 5ghz mac address, china purchase

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronald francey

Occasional Visitor
new unit, no 5ghz band, no 5ghz mac address. unit purchased from gearbest in china.

attaching wifi 5ghz ssid professional screen shots and wondering if there are any settings i should try to enable the 5ghz band.

suggestions will be appreciated.

ron

5ghz professional 1.jpg 5ghz professional 2.jpg

Return it. Some what common on the rt-ac3100/88u/5300, Netgear r8500.

How many different threads do you have on this 88u that you are having issues with?

i wasn't trying to be offensive by posting another thread; i just didn't want to change the discussion on the other thread from the direction of the content. that is, i didn't want that content to get lost with other verbiage.

yes, most likely, my plan is to return the unit to gearbest in china. gearbest does not work on weekends so i thought i'd see if anybody had specific suggestions on ways to activate the 5ghz band given the specific values found on my wifi professional tab. so i included my two screenshots for the specifics of my case. i don't know if *china* generated values would be in conflict with values needed in the usa.

i have today and tomorrow before gearbest will respond to my submitted ticket.

now that i know my way around the gui a little better, i hoped to resolve the problem *if* it was fixable.

sorry if i offended you.

ron

you have set 5G radio to ON and region to US, nothing you could do more.

turn off radio, restart and turn on again and reboot again, maybe something internal blocked it.
2. step change US to Asia or Australia and back US if it helps

go to first page and check 5G SSID hidden, disable it to be shown.

check 5G channel to be set to 36 or 149 and auto bandwith 20/40/80. reboot

reboot often because I had a router which did not apply any WiFi settings without reboot afterwards!!!
Maybe yours got same fault.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!