What's new

RT AC88U- ports from 5 to 8 down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tester83

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, from about one week ports from LAN 5 to LAN 8 are down. Is it possible that internal Realtek switch has broken? Any lan devices i attach don't work. Thank you

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-18_16-20-15.png
    upload_2017-7-18_16-20-15.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,074
Thank you Xentrk. I think it is a chip problem and it is imputable to any firmware. I'm using this switch from april 2016 (always used merlin firmware) and only from one week i have this problem. I think to change it to previous rt-ac68 and i will attach a small external switch.
Great solution to work around the problem. I would still report it it ASUS to see what they say. Probably out of warranty. But they need to know. These are spendy routers and you should get what you paid for.

Great solution to work around the problem. I would still report it it ASUS to see what they say. Probably out of warranty. But they need to know. These are spendy routers and you should get what you paid for.

I wrote several times to report to them any problem. The solution is only one: to buy all product from Amazon. They give you 2 years of warranty. I will return it to amazon and they will pay back me ;)

Try a complete electrical reset:

1) Turn off router
2) Unplug power
3) Turn it on to drain any leftover power
4) turn it back off
5) Plug back in, turn it on