What's new

RT-AX11000 vpn server and client (fusion)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tuneboy2005

Occasional Visitor
hello,

while experimenting further with my new ax11000 i have a problem with using vpn server and client (fusion) at the same time. i had it all working on my old RT-AC68u. The AC68u was connected to my vpn subscription while my vpn server was also running. I could use them both at the same time with beneath settings (policy rules) see first screenshot

https://snag.gy/KCYqpG.jpg

so all my clients at home where using the tunnel. At the same time i could access my lan clients when i was outside my house.

Now with my new ax11000 i cant seem to use them at the same time. in next screenshot https://snag.gy/HcIi5x.jpg when the blue dot is above (internet) my vpn subscription is disabled but my server is running great and can access all my clients from outside the house. When i set the blue dot on airvpn (and enable) my subscription is running great and all my clients are behind the tunnel but i cant connect anymore from outside my house to my server. Is it because i can not set the following rule
192.168.2.1/24. the firmware of the ax11000 doesn not accept /24
i have to select from the list my clients and choose weather they are going to use the tunnel or not.

thx in advance

greetz

I want to bring up this topic. Since i cant get this working i contacted Asus support. They simply said that this is not going to work, use fusion and server at the same time. You can only use one at a time.
This sucks because on my old 160€ RT-AC68U it worked very good but on my 400€ brand new AX11000 this is not working. kinda dissapointed.
Just want to let you know.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!