What's new

RT-AX86U - Gear Accelerator slowing down speedtest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vessosa

New Around Here
Hello,
After changing some parameters in my router (adding my PC to Gear Accelerator, enabling Traffic Analyzer, enabling AiProtection and "securing" all 15 features that it suggest) I saw that my speed test was reduced to lower than half of my internet speed.
After undoing everything step by step I could see that the problem was Gear Accelerator..
Have you tried to add your PC to the Gear Accelerator feature and checked your speed after?
I'm using a RT-AX86U.

Gear Accelerator is pretty much a marketing gimik which Asus is known for, just turn that crap off

I did that, same recommendation when enabling Traffic Analyzer and AiProtection?
Traffic Analyzer should have no impact on speed. AiProtect might but it is an extra protection layer that might just save you a lot of trouble cleaning up your network devices.

AiProtect has no effect or almost to point of non determinable as extra layer of security is well worth it, I always run it. Besides, you paid for it, literally, with the router as its part of the contract agreement between Asus and MicroTrend is the contract to have it built into their routers for life

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!