What's new

RT-AX86U minor bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Snapshot

Occasional Visitor
I'm lucky enough to have two RT-AX86Us. They both have their 2.5Gbps ports plugged into 5Gbps ports on my multi-speed switch and the front panel indicators on both routers show that they are connected. On the device configured as a router, LAN5 gives the correct status of 2.5Gbps but on the one configured as an access point, LAN5 shows as unplugged. This is because LAN5 now refers to the WAN port and there's no LAN6 for the 2.5Gbps port. If I move the cable to the WAN port or one of the other LAN ports, it shows correctly as 1Gbps.

A minor, mildly irritating bug/oversight in Aswrt.

If you are using the second AX86U as a mesh node and the switch is a managed switch the Asus mesh will likely not work.
Is the firmware up to date?

It is a managed switch (MS510TX) although I'm not using any management functions other than to bond the two 2.5Gbps ports for NAS2 (and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any benefit from that). As the second device is an access point it can't be selected as a mesh node; the mesh just happens and I'm pretty sure it's working as I only see one set of SSIDs wherever I am in the house. The previous AC86U/AC68U combo were working like this for the last year or more.

Yes, like you I'm on 386.2_4. I realise this isn't necessary for the AP but I don't think it has any bearing on the problem I reported.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!