What's new

RT-AX88U to RT-AC88U AiMesh - No 5GHz WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ReignOfComputer

New Around Here
Hi, I have an RT-AX88U AiMesh Router with an RT-AC88U connected as a Node. They are connected by Ethernet.

From the Web GUI, the RT-AC88U has:
Connection Priority: Ethernet
Connection type: Wired

Only the 2.4GHz LED is lighted on the RT-AC88U. The 5GHz LED is not lighted up.

2.4GHz devices connect fine to the AiMesh node, but all 5GHz devices connect to the RT-AX88U.

My working theory is that because the RT-AX88U broadcasts WiFi 6, the RT-AC88U isn't compatible and just doesn't broadcast at all. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi, I have an RT-AX88U AiMesh Router with an RT-AC88U connected as a Node. They are connected by Ethernet.

From the Web GUI, the RT-AC88U has:
Connection Priority: Ethernet
Connection type: Wired

Only the 2.4GHz LED is lighted on the RT-AC88U. The 5GHz LED is not lighted up.

2.4GHz devices connect fine to the AiMesh node, but all 5GHz devices connect to the RT-AX88U.

My working theory is that because the RT-AX88U broadcasts WiFi 6, the RT-AC88U isn't compatible and just doesn't broadcast at all. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Does the AC88U WiFi work normally when used as a standalone router? If not, then consider re-installing the firmware, resetting to factory defaults, configuring from scratch, and trying it again as just a router. If no 5 GHz signal, then maybe the hardware has failed.

OE

Seems to work fine as a standalone router, but I've always had a weird issue where not every device could connect to it on 5Ghz (e.g. the iPhone would connect, but the laptop wouldn't).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!