What's new

Syslog "removal request"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noah way

Regular Contributor
Repeater was offline and completely inaccessible this am and had to be turned off to restart. Conmon showed an outage last night, on resumption of service log shows a couple of these:

Feb 16 01:33:03 lldpd[183]: removal request for address of 192.168.100.20%4, but no knowledge of it

86U / 386.1 / Diversion / UIDivStats / Conmon. Both routers nucler reset last weekend.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

I don't think it would be the cause of your repeater problem. I've not particularly looked into that message because my firmware is too old to have lldpd. But I've noticed it in other people's logs for a couple of years now. It seems to be generated every time an interface comes up or goes down, e.g. when the router boots up or shuts down. So in your case it's saying that it noticed that 192.168.100.20 has changed its state.

The only time I see 192.168.100.20 is when my ISP is having problems and my cable modem has rebooted. When the modem comes up it initially gives me a temporary WAN address of 192.168.100.20. Then a few seconds later it drops the connection and brings it back up again with my real WAN address.

Last edited:
.100 is the repeater address (which is how I was reading it) ... maybe that conflicted witht the ISP and caused the lockup.

.100 is the repeater address (which is how I was reading it) ... maybe that conflicted witht the ISP and caused the lockup.
No, I think it's just a coincidence with the address I see and just indicates that your repeater was rebooted. You can test that theory by rebooting the repeater and seeing if the message appears.

Just my 2 cents, and whether a cause or effect for your original problem, I would not use 192.168.100.x on anything hanging off your LAN since most cable modems use the 100.1 address for it's status page. As @ColinTaylor said, when the ISP DHCP is not functioning properly (like cable modem hardware swaps causing the ISP's headend units to see a new MAC address on your port), the CM will hand out a 100.x address to the WAN port of our router.

Last edited: