What's new

Trying to get Merlin on my RT-AC87U !?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all,
I hope someone can help,

Im new to customising the firmware on routers so I may be missing something simple,

I have a RT-AC87U with the latest Asus Firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50702, and im trying to put on the latest Merlin Custom firmware https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC87U/

But after it uploads the file and restarts the firmware is the Asus one still, and no custom Merlin GUI etc?

Please help, !

Thanks
Ash

Did you unzip the file and upload the trx file?

Please do not be offended by this question but what does it show for firmware number on top of main page?
No offence taken, yes it shows 3.0.0.4.382_50702 in the top right of the logon screen on the router GUI

I have taken a screen print (see below)

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 554
I am not as experienced as many here but if I was having this difficulty I would perhaps try power-cycling the router after update and if still nothing maybe resetting router and trying again.

I am not as experienced as many here but if I was having this difficulty I would perhaps try power-cycling the router after update and if still nothing maybe resetting router and trying again.
I figured out what I was doing wrong!
I was trying to update it to the merlin firmware from work via the portal,
When I VPNed into my network and did the same thing from one of my machines on my LAN it worked !!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!