What's new

vpnmgr vpnmgr - Manage and update VPN Client configurations for NordVPN and PIA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which VPN provider do you use?

• Total voters
Using version 2 on Merlin .19 alpha2. When I go in to add a device to VPN setup by vpnmgr, I get an error saying I can't have -1 in the reconnect tries, it must be 0-99. Nice script. Thanks.

Using version 2 on Merlin .19 alpha2. When I go in to add a device to VPN setup by vpnmgr, I get an error saying I can't have -1 in the reconnect tries, it must be 0-99. Nice script. Thanks.
I'm aware of some changes needed for 384.19, but I don't support alphas. When it becomes a beta I'll take a look. Alpha is early stage and things could change.

Any chance of supporting Mullvad VPN ? They ended their 3 hour trial last year, but I do month to month with them and change account numbers each time, so if it would help, I could just give you my number. It's got a few weeks left on it that you could use to test with.

Really great script. Thank you. This started happening for me today. Am using nordvpn. Tried using the script to update clients and get the following:

Would you like to select a country (y/n)? y
/opt/bin/vpnmgr: line 2155: jq: not found

Please select a country:
column: /tmp/vpnmgr_countrylist: No such file or directory

If I use the webui under Vpn manager (2.1.0), I can set everything up (choose country and city) and I click Apply. From Vpn client tab, I choose service state to On, but the client is not configured. syslog shows the following:

Aug 3 19:12:00 vpnmgr: Updated settings from WebUI found, merging into /jffs/addons/vpnmgr.d/config
Aug 3 19:12:04 vpnmgr: Merge of updated settings from WebUI completed successfully
Aug 3 19:12:04 vpnmgr: Configuring scheduled update for VPN client 1
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Scheduled update created for VPN client 1
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Retrieving recommended VPN server using NordVPN API with below parameters
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Protocol: UDP - Type: Standard - Country: United States - City: Miami
Aug 3 19:12:07 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for Miami, removing filter for city
Aug 3 19:12:07 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for United States, removing filter for country
Aug 3 19:12:08 vpnmgr: Error contacting NordVPN API
Aug 3 19:12:08 vpnmgr: Configuring scheduled update for VPN client 2
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Scheduled update created for VPN client 2
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Retrieving recommended VPN server using NordVPN API with below parameters
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Protocol: UDP - Type: Standard - Country: United States - City: New York
Aug 3 19:12:10 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for New York, removing filter for city
Aug 3 19:12:10 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for United States, removing filter for country
Aug 3 19:12:11 vpnmgr: Error contacting NordVPN API

Once again, thanks for this script!

Really great script. Thank you. This started happening for me today. Am using nordvpn. Tried using the script to update clients and get the following:

Would you like to select a country (y/n)? y
/opt/bin/vpnmgr: line 2155: jq: not found

Please select a country:
column: /tmp/vpnmgr_countrylist: No such file or directory

If I use the webui under Vpn manager (2.1.0), I can set everything up (choose country and city) and I click Apply. From Vpn client tab, I choose service state to On, but the client is not configured. syslog shows the following:

Aug 3 19:12:00 vpnmgr: Updated settings from WebUI found, merging into /jffs/addons/vpnmgr.d/config
Aug 3 19:12:04 vpnmgr: Merge of updated settings from WebUI completed successfully
Aug 3 19:12:04 vpnmgr: Configuring scheduled update for VPN client 1
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Scheduled update created for VPN client 1
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Retrieving recommended VPN server using NordVPN API with below parameters
Aug 3 19:12:05 vpnmgr: Protocol: UDP - Type: Standard - Country: United States - City: Miami
Aug 3 19:12:07 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for Miami, removing filter for city
Aug 3 19:12:07 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for United States, removing filter for country
Aug 3 19:12:08 vpnmgr: Error contacting NordVPN API
Aug 3 19:12:08 vpnmgr: Configuring scheduled update for VPN client 2
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Scheduled update created for VPN client 2
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Retrieving recommended VPN server using NordVPN API with below parameters
Aug 3 19:12:09 vpnmgr: Protocol: UDP - Type: Standard - Country: United States - City: New York
Aug 3 19:12:10 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for New York, removing filter for city
Aug 3 19:12:10 vpnmgr: No VPN servers found for United States, removing filter for country
Aug 3 19:12:11 vpnmgr: Error contacting NordVPN API

Once again, thanks for this script!
Hm looks like jq has gone missing try running
Code:
opkg install jq

v2.1.0 is now available!

Changelog:

NEW: Add support for WeVPN (thanks to @Jayson_Q at WeVPN for setting up the ovpn archives!)
FIXED: Issues with country/city dropdown when changing provider

You did the hardwork @Jack Yaz. Kudos and credit goes to you! Thank you for making it happen.

@RMerlin also deserves a head nod for making me aware of the project. Thanks for emailing me and alerting me.

i use windscribe

Is there a way to retain the changes made to the script? When this script was nvpmgr, I was able to make changes and they would be saved. Now they don't. I was originally on the master branch. I changed last night to the "develop" branch and the changes saved and I was able to see them in the WebGUI.

This morning after I updated amtm, I noticed that the script had reverted back to the master branch and the changes had been reverted back to the original settings.

Any thoughts on how to retain the tweaks?

Thank you!

Is there a way to retain the changes made to the script? When this script was nvpmgr, I was able to make changes and they would be saved. Now they don't. I was originally on the master branch. I changed last night to the "develop" branch and the changes saved and I was able to see them in the WebGUI.

This morning after I updated amtm, I noticed that the script had reverted back to the master branch and the changes had been reverted back to the original settings.

Thank you!

figured it out - thanks

Thank you!
develop is currently set to master so the branches are equal

Can't get it to connect to WeVpn. Any ideas?

Sep 4 19:55:34 ovpn-client1[32113]: Options error: If you use one of --cert or --key, you must use them both
Sep 4 19:55:34 ovpn-client1[32113]: Use --help for more information.
Sep 4 19:55:34 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!

Can't get it to connect to WeVpn. Any ideas?

Sep 4 19:55:34 ovpn-client1[32113]: Options error: If you use one of --cert or --key, you must use them both
Sep 4 19:55:34 ovpn-client1[32113]: Use --help for more information.
Sep 4 19:55:34 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!
Can you send a screenshot of the VPN client configuration screen please?

This one?
1599243409900.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!