What's new

vpnmgr vpnmgr - Manage and update VPN Client configurations for NordVPN and PIA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which VPN provider do you use?

• Total voters
Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/vpnmgr/master/vpnmgr.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmgr" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr && /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr install

What is the command to uninstall?
To enter VPNMGR main menu, run :
/jffs/scripts/vpnmgr

and then you will have an option to uninstall. I think its "z"

A55DEC6B-2760-4BEC-B15F-240113279BF3.jpeg
94F62501-711E-43A3-B31F-ACF2D6A6808B.jpeg

Hey @Jack Yaz I’m having trouble with unbound breaking every time vpnmgr runs its schedule. Running a client restart from scmerlin fixes the problem. I haven’t had time to look into the details yet but I’ll make some time tonight.

Hey @Jack Yaz I’m having trouble with unbound breaking every time vpnmgr runs its schedule. Running a client restart from scmerlin fixes the problem. I haven’t had time to look into the details yet but I’ll make some time tonight.
I assume you're binding to a vpn in unbound_manager? If so - make sure you set up the openvpn script to tell unbound to check the vpn client IP. AFAIK it's manual so you'll need to check with @Martineau

I assume you're binding to a vpn in unbound_manager? If so - make sure you set up the openvpn script to tell unbound to check the vpn client IP. AFAIK it's manual so you'll need to check with @Martineau
I have: “/jffs/addons/unbound/unbound_manager.sh vpn=1 delay=5 &” in vpnclient1_route_up. This should set the ip when it gets restarted as far as I understand but I’m still figuring this stuff out.

I have: “/jffs/addons/unbound/unbound_manager.sh vpn=1 delay=5 &” in vpnclient1_route_up. This should set the ip when it gets restarted
Try increasing the delay, I found anything less than 30 would more often that not leave me with broken unbound resolution. (regardless of vpnmgr restarting the clients or manually)

Try increasing the delay, I found anything less than 30 would more often that not leave me with broken unbound resolution. (regardless of vpnmgr restarting the clients or manually)
Okay I’ll start tweaking that. I don’t know why I didn’t do that first ‍:confused:Now that you’ve said it I’m sure that’s what’s going on. Thanks.

Okay I’ll start tweaking that. I don’t know why I didn’t do that first ‍:confused:Now that you’ve said it I’m sure that’s what’s going on. Thanks.
I'll double check but as far as I recall vpnmgr is calling a "service restart" on vpnclient when updating so not doing anything fancy...!

I'll double check but as far as I recall vpnmgr is calling a "service restart" on vpnclient when updating so not doing anything fancy...!

if nvram get vpn_clientx_eas | grep -q "$VPN_NO"; then
service restart_vpnclient"$VPN_NO" >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

that’s what you have doing the restart so I think that’s fine unless that condition doesn’t return what you would expect but I think that’s okay at first glance client_eas returns “1,”

Last edited:
B048921A-FF85-49E3-9F70-795AEFAC02DC.jpeg

well it’s evaluating false currently with vpn_client1 active. What does that variable represent?

EDIT:
82DDA511-D7B1-413D-9653-E03B4D92E9E8.jpeg
Whoops never mind. I accidentally typed an equal sign and didn’t notice. Getting true back now

Last edited:
View attachment 28092
well it’s evaluating false currently with vpn_client1 active. What does that variable represent?

Whoops never mind. I accidentally typed an equal sign and didn’t notice. Getting true back now
The eas variable is enabled at startup, so it checks if you've set the VPN client to start with WAN. Probably an unnecessary check and I could restart the client regardless

The eas variable is enabled at startup, so it checks if you've set the VPN client to start with WAN. Probably an unnecessary check and I could restart the client regardless
Ahh enable at start that makes sense. And yeah I don’t see any need for that check, but it doesn’t hurt/break anything for me.

With the delay set to 15 everything ran this morning no problem. Hopefully that’s good but I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks again.

Great script - use it in concert with x3mRouting and really love the functionality.

Are there any plans to incorporate Wireguard connections (i.e. NordLynx) in future releases?

Getting a strange issue with this one, I use Nord VPN in this plug-in but when I enable it after about 30 seconds the internet light goes red on my RT-AC88U and I then cannot access the internet, turn it off and the light goes back to white and normal service is resumed.

I have the same nord setup on my iptv box I was hoping to not use with this plugin but .........

Getting a strange issue with this one, I use Nord VPN in this plug-in but when I enable it after about 30 seconds the internet light goes red on my RT-AC88U and I then cannot access the internet, turn it off and the light goes back to white and normal service is resumed.

I have the same nord setup on my iptv box I was hoping to not use with this plugin but .........
what do you have set for "redirect internet traffic" on the VPN client screen?

Great script - use it in concert with x3mRouting and really love the functionality.

Are there any plans to incorporate Wireguard connections (i.e. NordLynx) in future releases?

I second this, I currently use wireguard with mullvad and have some ip rules setup for certain devices. Would really like a manager for up/down, easily editing commands, routing :)

what do you have set for "redirect internet traffic" on the VPN client screen?

Redirect Internet traffic was off but if I turn on I get then same.

All devices inside home, I am hoping.

I may use openVPN when outside the house to get back home to access my LAN devices

Hi Jack!
Awesome work. I’d like to ask a question:

I have RT-AC3200 running 384.13_10 merlin’s firmware. I installed vpnmgr latest version following instructions on Github. I made vpn client 1 to be managed by the script. It did its work connected vpn client 1 to the country chosen. However vpn manager GUI stays empty. Wondering if that has anything to do with x3mrouting version of vpn client page. Please see the attached screeshots.

Regards

Teymur

Attachments

• 5F2EE7EB-151A-4215-A877-549B3CD4926D.jpeg
    5F2EE7EB-151A-4215-A877-549B3CD4926D.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 104
  • 7C00E463-EBFB-4ACF-A857-658E60E76D5A.jpeg
    7C00E463-EBFB-4ACF-A857-658E60E76D5A.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 106
  • FF22A443-5552-4648-A799-337154EF3EFE.jpeg
    FF22A443-5552-4648-A799-337154EF3EFE.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 108
Hi Jack!
Awesome work. I’d like to ask a question:

I have RT-AC3200 running 384.13_10 merlin’s firmware. I installed vpnmgr latest version following instructions on Github. I made vpn client 1 to be managed by the script. It did its work connected vpn client 1 to the country chosen. However vpn manager GUI stays empty. Wondering if that has anything to do with x3mrouting version of vpn client page. Please see the attached screeshots.

Regards

Teymur
They shouldn't interact, can you check for browser errors in the f12 console please? It looks like something is failing to load

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!