What's new

want to setup AX11000 & RT-AC87U on my network please help for guidelines

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunny786

Regular Contributor
i have two routers Asus GT-AX11000 & Asus RT-AC87U. my internet connection speed is 600mbps. i want my AX11000 to control everything security to IP addresses. i have one Netgear manageable GS74T switch and one POE unmanaged switch for IP cameras. I want to use one more unmanaged switch to AC87U. So total 3 switches and two NAS. POE switch is already connected via Netgear GS724T switch. i have two Synology NAS. NAS are connected to my Netgear GS724T switch. All of these devices i want to connect via my AC87U router. My all other wired connections goes to my Netgear GS724T switch which is connected to my AC87U router. All of my wireless devices would be connected to my AX11000 router. How do I setup these two routers so I don’t get any network issues? I don’t have much knowledge of setting network route and technicality of routers. My new router is not connected the network because I need help to configure it for this type of network. I don’t want to mess with it without knowing the correct information. Please help me to create a network in easy words.

Last edited:
and now your guests on mesh-node have full access to your intranet on main router!

I beg your pardon if I mixed up something!
Thought I read in an other thread where you wrote that it is no problem to use guest SSID on nodes, so I had to assume you use it and know what you are doing.

Most or still many people will have friends and want to offer their WiFi to them.

I know with Aimesh you cannot set guest SSID on nodes, only on main router what will make it unusable in most cases.
And with AP-mode you can set guest SSID, but they have access to main router like connected via main SSID.

Last edited:
I beg your pardon if I mixed up something!
Thought I read in an other thread where you wrote that it is no problem to use guest SSID on nodes, so I had to assume you use it and know what you are doing.

Most or still many people will have friends and want to offer their WiFi to them.

I know with Aimesh you cannot set guest SSID on nodes, only on main router what will make it unusable in most cases.
And with AP-mode you can set guest SSID, but they have access to main router like connected via main SSID.
Actually I don’t have any relatives or friends who wants to use my wifi network. They never asked in past but don’t know if they would ask me in future. Thanks for shedding the light on few knowledgeable points.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!