What's new

Which Wi-Fi system to keep?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosrocket

Regular Contributor
I have had the original Orbi (Router and 1 satellite) wireless system since it’s release and it’s been performing great (I don’t have the drops that some are experiencing). I am getting practically the full ISP speed consistently in all corners of our house and out to the backyard.

My folks need a new wifi system so I ordered the Velop (3 node) the other day at a great price. When I received it I decided to test it against the Orbi and figured I’d give my folks the one I decide not to keep (they would be happy with either).

So, after testing the Velop for a few days it is performing great as well. As with the Orbi I am getting practically the full network speed from my ISP consistently in all corners of the house and into the yard. So the question is, which to keep? Is one system technologically advanced over the other, where it might come into play in the future? Does one company have the reputation of providing superior service and firmware updates over the other?

I wasn't expecting that the Velop would perform as well as it is as I also tried the Eero Pro system (2nd gen) and it's performance was not consistent in the far reaches of the house.

I have had the original Orbi (Router and 1 satellite) wireless system since it’s release and it’s been performing great (I don’t have the drops that some are experiencing). I am getting practically the full ISP speed consistently in all corners of our house and out to the backyard.

My folks need a new wifi system so I ordered the Velop (3 node) the other day at a great price. When I received it I decided to test it against the Orbi and figured I’d give my folks the one I decide not to keep (they would be happy with either).

So, after testing the Velop for a few days it is performing great as well. As with the Orbi I am getting practically the full network speed from my ISP consistently in all corners of the house and into the yard. So the question is, which to keep? Is one system technologically advanced over the other, where it might come into play in the future? Does one company have the reputation of providing superior service and firmware updates over the other?

I wasn't expecting that the Velop would perform as well as it is as I also tried the Eero Pro system (2nd gen) and it's performance was not consistent in the far reaches of the house.
Sorry, looks like I posted this in the wrong place. Should have posted under buying advice,

eero pro gen 2 IMO is the best of the bunch. Return the velop if price doesn't matter. eero CEO is big on customer service and firmware updates.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!