What's new

Wired performance?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BuTTuS

Regular Contributor
Lots of info about wireless performance here, but what about wired? Are there any differences between different Merlin firmwares regarding wired performance?

I believe the newest version incorporated some fixes from Asus that fixed jitter on the wired connections. Ping times to the router itself would vary by 10ms or so and now they are a rock solid 1mS on my RT-AC66. This may have only affected the AC66R though.

I believe the newest version incorporated some fixes from Asus that fixed jitter on the wired connections. Ping times to the router itself would vary by 10ms or so and now they are a rock solid 1mS on my RT-AC66. This may have only affected the AC66R though.

What build is this that you speak of? Would I notice any more stability gaming at all?

Latest build: 3.0.0.4.372.31.

I thinks this only affected the RT-AC66 routers. It could increase your ping times by a couple mS, but I doubt most people would even notice.