What's new

Wireless guest client list?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't think its possible (at least not directly).

For my customers, I reserve all their clients (wired and wireless) between 198.xxx.xxx.1 - .100

Everything else must therefore be a guest. :)

thats bad, could be good if we can see who is connected and how many are using the wifi signal, maybe block someone and all, I hope they put this feature in new firmwares...

Not with the stock firmware.

Could be better a new section on the list named ''guest users'', when you use the router for business like store / market / company is good to see how many users are in and if the bandwidth is taking care of all like it should.

Could be better a new section on the list named ''guest users'', when you use the router for business like store / market / company is good to see how many users are in and if the bandwidth is taking care of all like it should.

I like your suggestion (too), but I'm sure it is a lot of work for RMerlin to program the gui for an additional section and have it working reliably release after release as Asus changes their code (seemingly) without rhyme or reason. ;)

I already label guest clients with a G flag next to them, on the Wireless Log page. I'd consider that sufficient.

I already label guest clients with a G flag next to them, on the Wireless Log page. I'd consider that sufficient.

like this?

paQLtWq.jpg

I did one guest wifi just to test and see how it works, I´m using this router as an AP in the first floor of the house.

thanks

Not the Networkmap, on the System Log -> Wireless Log page.

got it:

RLnWKgT.jpg

This is a real nice feature, thanks for that.
Is hard to put some timer settings? Because could be good if we could set the guest wifi just to work from 10pm until 10am or another clock time, limiting the bandwidth is good too but I don´t know how hard is to program this feature.

thanks for all your work.

Here is the reply about this question from Asus:

Dear robert,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support, my name is Jermaine M. I do hope you are having a wonderful day today.

I am very sorry that you are having an issue with the device being unable to see who is connected to the guest wifi. I am more than happy to assist you in resolving this.

After doing further checks our software team has not implemented this feature on our high end routers however I have submitted your feedback to our team as that would be a very vital future to include on our routers.

If any updates are made to a future firmware update you will be notified of sure a feature.

We do value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.

Best Regards,
Jermaine M.

ASUS Technical Support