What's new

ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware Upgrade Unsuccessful Error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kushari

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to update my ZenWifi Pro ET12 AI Mesh router and node to Merlin to unlock the extra features it provides. I've tried on Brave browser, and Firefox. A few seconds after I upload the file XT12_386.7_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb I get an error saying firmware upgrade unsuccessful and the node I uploaded it to restarts and works fine. I searched on the forums and reddit, but couldn't find a solution. The current firmware I'm on is stock: 3.0.0.4.386_48823-gcd7dcc4. The only thing I could think of, is that I have to wait for a version higher than the one I'm on, but I'm pretty sure that it should work to flash the same version or lower.

The XT12 and ET12 are different models with different firmware which is why your upgrade fails.

You’re right. Damn, that was confusing lol. It’s the tiny details that always get you (me, not you haha). I just looked at the site for both models and noted the landing page picture the only difference is the 6e instead of 6 so I missed it. Sorry about that! Such a dumb mistake!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!