What's new

100% CPU Usage in Transmission...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

caa16

Occasional Visitor
Hi friends! After long hours of setup I have finally earned DLNA! I decided not to stop there and set TRANSMISSION! Everything works fine, files to download at a good speed. But I happened to notice that the web interface of Merlin, I can see the CPU usage to 100%. I download at the moment only one torrent. Memory load is roughly 70-75%. What could be the reason? How to deal with it?

What router do you have? Obviously, Transmission is effectively overloading your router. I've never used it, are there any options to set?

Or, possibly would QoS work for this situation?

Oh! Sorry! Сompletely forgot! I have Asus RT-N66U with Merlin 376.49_5 firmware. Entware, DNLA and Transmission installed on USB HD with 1 Gb ext2 partition. Downloading is carried out on the NTFS partition.

I can see the CPU usage to 100%. I download at the moment only one torrent. Memory load is roughly 70-75%.
I have Asus RT-N66U with Merlin 376.49_5 firmware. Entware, DNLA and Transmission installed on USB HD with 1 Gb ext2 partition. Downloading is carried out on the NTFS partition.
That's normal. The only way to reduce CPU load is download speed limitation to 2-3MB/s.

It's Normal? I care not whether it will affect overheating and overall stability. Are there other ways to resolve this problem? This may be due to the lack of swap partition?

I try to install Entware on internal Micro SD card... Stuck on step 9. How to create swap? How to "Paste this lines in terminal

#!/bin/sh

swapon /opt/swap
???

I try to install Entware on internal Micro SD card... Stuck on step 9. How to create swap? How to "Paste this lines in terminal

#!/bin/sh

swapon /opt/swap
???
If you use putty terminal, paste with right mouse click