What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well your hard drive could be corrupt.
If you are talking about init: USB partition unmounted from /tmp/mnt/opt fail. (return -1, Device or resource busy)
It caused by swap. There was no such a point thing about that when I installed entware.
NOW I add swapoff in unmount script
Code:
#!/bin/sh
swapoff -a
I will see what happens next.

Nice to see that your curiosity got the best of you and you stumbled your way onto the alpha page.... and managed to get mangled into installing an alpha....

I had the same issue with my RT-AC5300 with the newer version of the alpha, but instead of putting my router on the setting screen it put my router into factory recovery mode and I had to flash it using the restore tool...
I have screen prints if my settings just in case. But I found the nvram backup and restore utility still works for me config even though it is no longer maintained which allows me to get up and running much faster than reentering the config manually. The only config it appears to miss is the OpenVPN client custom config section.

After factory reset and manual reconfigure to 384.11-2 did dirty flash to 384.12-Alpha1 [ver2] on my AC5300 and "Abracadabra" ... look what popped up ... ;)

F9gi0MV.jpg

More Magic Merlin Moments :D.

Finally fully rid of SMB1 and its hectic vulnerabilities ...
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2018/12/how-threat-actors-are-using-smb-vulnerabilities/

WSDD works a treat and ... all other add-ons per my AC5300 signature are "singing" to the same tune.

THANK YOU @RMerlin plus of course @thelonelycoder / @kvic / @Adamm / @Jack Yaz / @FreshJR / @L&LD / and all the many testers and helpers along the way. :cool:

After factory reset and manual reconfigure to 384.11-2 did dirty flash to 384.12-Alpha1 [ver2] on my AC5300 and "Abracadabra" ... look what popped up ... ;)

F9gi0MV.jpg

More Magic Merlin Moments :D.

Finally fully rid of SMB1 and its hectic vulnerabilities ...
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2018/12/how-threat-actors-are-using-smb-vulnerabilities/

WSDD works a treat and ... all other add-ons per my AC5300 signature are "singing" to the same tune.

THANK YOU @RMerlin plus of course @thelonelycoder / @kvic / @Adamm / @Jack Yaz / @FreshJR / @L&LD / and all the many testers and helpers along the way. :cool:
I am still wondering if I should be worried about the fluttering wsdd not binding to ipv6 address in the syslogs

One thing I noticed is that services-stop is not running when firmware upgrade.

And on the reboot code, is this mean if reboot time is longer than 20sec then system reboot forcibly, right?
I am not sure 20 sec is enough for entware user.

Code:
int reboothalt_main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	int reboot = (strstr(argv[0], "reboot") != NULL);
	int def_reset_wait = 20;

~~~~~
	int wait = nvram_get_int("reset_wait") ? : def_reset_wait;
	/* In the case we're hung, we'll get stuck and never actually reboot.
	 * The only way out is to pull power.
	 * So after 'reset_wait' seconds (default: 20), forcibly crash & restart.
	 */
	if (fork() == 0) {
		if ((wait < 10) || (wait > 120)) wait = 10;
~~~~~

Anyway, when I compared syslog between when normal boot vs hang on boot there is no different.
it might happen on more low level.

Last edited:
I am still wondering if I should be worried about the fluttering wsdd not binding to ipv6 address in the syslogs
Sadly still no ipv6 internet connectivity down South where I live - [ipv6 disabled on my router] - so can't offer any help on that one.

Smooth upgrade from 384.11_2 to 384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5 on 87u
All looking good here ;)
Thanks RMerlin

I have a concern to report with 384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5 and wonder if anyone else can duplicate. In an SSH session, when I run the command nslookup x3mtek.com or another domain, it shows I am using the DNS of my ISP and not the Cloudflare DoT DNS specified on the WAN page. DNSFILTER is set to Router to force all DNS queries to use DoT.

I have a concern to report with 384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5 and wonder if anyone else can duplicate. In an SSH session, when I run the command nslookup x3mtek.com or another domain, it shows I am using the DNS of my ISP and not the Cloudflare DoT DNS specified on the WAN page. DNSFILTER is set to Router to force all DNS queries to use DoT.
Looks ok here:
Code:
 nslookup x3mtek.com
Server:    1.1.1.1
Address 1: 1.1.1.1 one.one.one.one

Name:      x3mtek.com
Address 1: 104.27.172.243
Address 2: 104.27.173.243

I get the same

Strange. I get this :

nslookup x3mtek.com
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

Name: x3mtek.com
Address 1: 104.27.173.243
Address 2: 104.27.172.243

You likely have WAN DNS set to use ISP servers automatically from DHCP and the router set to NOT use the local caching DNS server as the system resolver. New default behavior if you reset for 384.12.

Here as well:

Code:
@RT-AX88U-29F0:/tmp/home/root# nslookup x3mtek.com
Server:    1.1.1.1
Address 1: 1.1.1.1 one.one.one.one

Name:      x3mtek.com
Address 1: 104.27.172.243
Address 2: 104.27.173.243

The problem here is when you have "Connect to DNS Server automatically" set to YES in WAN DNS settings instead of explicitly setting 1.1.1.1 or whatever you have in DOT settings. Is this correct functionally ??

You likely have WAN DNS set to use ISP servers automatically from DHCP and the router set to NOT use the local caching DNS server as the system resolver. New default behavior if you reset for 384.12.

Even with your suggested setting I get this below if I have "Connect to DNS Server automatically" set to YES in WAN DNS

Another symptom - My WAN gets disconnected until I set local caching DNS Server back to its default setting - NO

For Now I have explicitly set Connect to DNS Server Automatically to NO and inserted 1.1.1.1 or as per DOT settings

Last edited:
Even with your suggested setting I get this below instead of 1.1.1.1 if I have "Connect to DNS Server automatically" set to YES in WAN DNS settings instead of explicitly setting 1.1.1.1

Then you have “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)” set to Yes. Which is fine.

Check "Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver" on Tools -> Other Settings. Merlin reverted the default for this setting to bypass dnsmasq/stubby on the router. The way DNSFilter is implemented does not impact DNS traffic from the router itself. You can adjust the setting on the Tools -> Other Settings page to preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!