What's new

[384.16_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello friends.
I’m sorry, I’m using a translator.
I did a "dirty" upgrade (384.15 -> 384.16 alpha 1) to the alpha version of the firmware, but after a successful firmware, I lost the Internet.:mad:
I am using the AX88 as the main router, a static connecting to the Internet.
After flashing or rebooting the router, the Internet status is not connected and the Internet does not actually work.
If you disconnect in the web ui and then connect to the Internet, then everything works, but until the next reboot.
Returned to the latest stable firmware.:(
The same issue here. I unplugged the cable for a few seconds and plug back into the WAN port. The Internet connection started working again.

The same issue here. I unplugged the cable for a few seconds and plug back into the WAN port. The Internet connection started working again.

First I would like to thank Eric for all his work and efforts in this project, thank you very much! Of course your job comes first and this can wait...

I also installed the alpha version on my AX88 and I encountered the same issue here... After rebooting the AX88, the WAN LED remains red and in the GUI the internet status says 'Disconnected'.. This is the first time I have this issue after updating my router with an alpha/beta version.

Disconnecting the WAN cable first and connecting the cable a few seconds later restored the (WAN) internet connection...

Enclosed is the content of the AX88's log, I hope it can be of use..

Attachments

• ax88.txt
    126.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Updated AX88U.
Found a problem (it's PPPoE specific in my case):
After rebooting the router, and the Web UI complete loading, it shows the "Internet is disconnected" on "Network Map" page. But in the log I found this: "custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/wan-event (args: 0 connected)" as the last log corresponding to "wan-event" and in the log I found dnsmasq still querying but getting invalid reply because there's actually no Internet connection. This seems to mean the kernel or whatever module thought the Internet is ALIVE but actually it's OFFLINE, so it's never get reconnected (Actually it's never connected since booted) until you manually switch the button from "ON" to "OFF" and then "ON" or did a "service restart_wan".
The occurrence of this is random (not every time) but the probability of this is around 30% ~ 50%. On 384.15, I tried a lot of times and it never happened.
Seems like what I just posted is the same issue.

I use silent mode (when disable LEDs). On the main router, everything is in order, on other routers, after rebooting or updating the firmware, they turn back on.
Can this be fixed?

No. AiMesh is closed source, so I cannot add new nvram to share between devices.

I changed all my wireless passwords to longer/more complex ones, I still get the “weak password” warning. (I used a password generator to try & get genuinely random/difficult suggestions).
I’m confused......:(

I fixed this in a pull request so I assume it will be adopted in the next alpha ;)

I'm also having the problem with QOS on/off switch missing. I initialized and it is still broke. I went back to 384.15 and then back again to 384.16 alpha 1 and the problem is still there. Other than that it works great.

First I would like to thank Eric for all his work and efforts in this project, thank you very much! Of course your job comes first and this can wait...

I also installed the alpha version on my AX88 and I encountered the same issue here... After rebooting the AX88, the WAN LED remains red and in the GUI the internet status says 'Disconnected'.. This is the first time I have these issue after updating my router with an alpha/beta version.

Disconnecting the WAN cable first and connecting the cable a few seconds later restored the (WAN) internet connection...

I had the same issue, also not seen before on Firmware updates. I rebooted the Cable Modem then all ok after a few minutes.

I also installed the alpha version on my AX88 and I encountered the same issue here... After rebooting the AX88, the WAN LED remains red and in the GUI the internet status says 'Disconnected'.. This is the first time I have these issue after updating my router with an alpha/beta version.

I just power cycle mine when it happened this morning.

And change the DNS server form auto to CloudFlare

Last edited:
I had the same issue, also not seen before on Firmware updates. I rebooted the Cable Modem then all ok after a few minutes.

A question in this regard purely for interest, which hardware revisions do you use? On revision A1.1 for myself, I have not yet had this problem.

:)

A question in this regard purely for interest, which hardware revisions do you use? On revision A1.1 for myself, I have not yet had this problem.

I have 2 AX88 units with hw revision A1 (2019)

No issues at all on ac86u - dirty flash this version and all good!
No qos or connection lost problems.

Flashed both of mine ( 2 AX88U) no problems here, flashed firmware- told me to reboot manually
Primary router was assigned a WAN IP, both are A1.1

So far working well on my AC5300 .
Thanks

LAN-WAN performance significantly lower than 384.15 with L2TP client. Rolled back to 384.15 and had my performance back. Will wait for a next Alpha version.

I also installed the alpha version on my AX88 and I encountered the same issue here... After rebooting the AX88, the WAN LED remains red and in the GUI the internet status says 'Disconnected'.. This is the first time I have this issue after updating my router with an alpha/beta version.

From the asus official site they did fix some internet disconnect issue in the latest build.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.7977
2020/02/2070.81 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7977
- Improve stability.
- Fixed some internet disconnect issues.

My unit is Ver 1.0 Just for kicks I reloaded this Alpha again, and also the WAN red light on unit came on. Powered off/on the unit, resolved.

From the asus official site they did fix some internet disconnect issue in the latest build.

I'm using newer code than that (8137).

I'm using newer code than that (8137).

Ahh, so in the changelog:
- UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8137 and binary blobs 384_7968
for RT-AX88U.

The GPL is the code you compile and the binary blobs are just that.. binaries you get?
So the fixes they mention in the changlog are in the GPL and not the binaries.

My unit is Ver 1.0 Just for kicks I reloaded this Alpha again, and also the WAN red light on unit came on. Powered off/on the unit, resolved.
That worked yesterday today I had to change dns servers to get the internet to work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!