What's new

News [ 386.3_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have just put the QR code in a photo frame works fantastic no more giving out long passwords

E00C1889-9988-4383-875B-9A59D06D5C7E.jpeg

Nice work @MartinDEE
Now I feel like Cousin Eddie by putting a printed piece of paper on the refrigerator door.
Agree. My my angled plexi-glass stand solution now seems ghetto. White picture frame incoming... heh heh.

Tried the Alpha, and the process went smooth as silk with a dirty upgrade. Nord VPN functioned (at the usual slow 47 mbps through the router, vs. 363 mbps with pc desktop VPN). All leak checks were water tight with only Nord Clouvider showing as ISP! Of course, IPv6 must be selected off to get the VPN running through the router (not with desktop vpn), as before.
Had to use the shift/F5 trick on the IPv6 page to get IPv6 to function.
Alpha is as smooth as silk! Now to watch up time accumulate...

Wow, all a hacker has to do is use a long lens!

Similar to "Alexa, open the door" with a bull horn!
Better wrap that frame in tin foil then!

Perfect.

Wow, all a hacker has to do is use a long lens!

Similar to "Alexa, open the door" with a bull horn!
Great point. Alexa integration for my Z-Wave door locks was eventually restricted to locking, the way it should be.

I'm debating the update from 386.2_4. The QR code is tempting.

Great point. Alexa integration for my Z-Wave door locks was eventually restricted to locking, the way it should be.
Nest Yale Locks are the same. "OK Google" can only lock them via voice, not open, which is fine by me.

Tried the Alpha, and the process went smooth as silk with a dirty upgrade. Nord VPN functioned (at the usual slow 47 mbps through the router, vs. 363 mbps with pc desktop VPN). All leak checks were water tight with only Nord Clouvider showing as ISP! Of course, IPv6 must be selected off to get the VPN running through the router (not with desktop vpn), as before.
Had to use the shift/F5 trick on the IPv6 page to get IPv6 to function.
Alpha is as smooth as silk! Now to watch up time accumulate...
So, today, after all kinds of WiFi instability; I had to roll back to the stable release (386.2.4). Both the 2.4 and 5 G would randomly shut down every 10 to 15 minutes for about 8-10 seconds. Of course, this destroyed game play and streaming...

So, today, after all kinds of WiFi instability; I had to roll back to the stable release (386.2.4). Both the 2.4 and 5 G would randomly shut down every 10 to 15 minutes for about 8-10 seconds. Of course, this destroyed game play and streaming...
Seems highly unlikely that this is related to the alpha as there's no new GPL yet compared to last stable point releases. And as Wi-Fi is outside of RMerlins control, Wi-Fi should perform the same as 386.2_4. I think the issues you've experienced have a different cause.

No offense Merlin, but software / firmware development and new releases are boring nowadays. Most software is so mature and feature rich that there are rarely stuff to get excited about. The QR codes are neat but boring. No offense Merlin, your software is great. I cannot think of the last time I installed a new version of software and went WOW. I miss the old days sometimes......

No offense Merlin, but software / firmware development and new releases are boring nowadays. Most software is so mature and feature rich that there are rarely stuff to get excited about. The QR codes are neat but boring. No offense Merlin, your software is great. I cannot think of the last time I installed a new version of software and went WOW. I miss the old days sometimes......
Keith: Why do you participate in an Alpha test?
Why do you participate in these forums?

Keith: Why do you participate in an Alpha test?
Why do you participate in these forums?

Guess he must like actively seeking out being bored, and thinks prefacing ill-judged comments (IMHO) with multiple “no offence” qualifiers somehow excuses rudeness? I really am clutching at straws here … somebody help me out?

Last edited:
Seems highly unlikely that this is related to the alpha as there's no new GPL yet compared to last stable point releases. And as Wi-Fi is outside of RMerlins control, Wi-Fi should perform the same as 386.2_4. I think the issues you've experienced have a different cause.
After rolling back to the stable release, all those wifi issues disappeared? Strange?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!