What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started with AB-Solution today. So far so good. When I tried to setup a webex with a colleague I noticed that on my MBP the app was not getting started. We chose Slack instead and that worked also. However, after the session I disabled AB-Solution and tried to start Webex once again and this worked without any hassle.

Can I also whitelist webex? This is not a add publication service.

Any thoughts are welcome,
Thanks

Try a smaller blocking file and see if that helps. And there‘s always option f to find what domains are blocked.

f option was confusing.
I changed from Adsbegone to the setting lower than it and it seems to be fine at the moment accessing Ebay.
However Twitch beta and Youtube still shows ads inbetween videos and at the start.

Thanks

Two days ago, Kazoo released the "Kk" version of pixelsrv-tls.
When will it be added to ab-solutions?

Thanks so much!
That's not up to me. This is entirely a decision by the Entware maintainers.
Once they have received the updated pixelserv version from @kvic they will routinely test and include it in their package manager.
It is then available through manual opkg update/upgrade or the AB-Solution ps menu Entware update.

Just started with AB-Solution today. So far so good. When I tried to setup a webex with a colleague I noticed that on my MBP the app was not getting started. We chose Slack instead and that worked also. However, after the session I disabled AB-Solution and tried to start Webex once again and this worked without any hassle.

Can I also whitelist webex? This is not a add publication service.

Any thoughts are welcome,
Thanks
I don't know what webex is, but if it's a domain then you can add it to the whitelist.

f option was confusing.
I changed from Adsbegone to the setting lower than it and it seems to be fine at the moment accessing Ebay.
However Twitch beta and Youtube still shows ads inbetween videos and at the start.

Thanks
I don't use twitch, but for the ads on YouTube is has always been a hit or miss.
For some ads AB can work, for others not.

I don't know what webex is, but if it's a domain then you can add it to the whitelist.
It's a commercial video conferencing service now owned by Cisco...

That's not up to me. This is entirely a decision by the Entware maintainers.
Once they have received the updated pixelserv version from @kvic they will routinely test and include it in their package manager.
It is then available through manual opkg update/upgrade or the AB-Solution ps menu Entware update.
pixelserv-tls and other Entware packages have been updated.

pixelserv-tls and other Entware packages have been updated.
Ah, good to know. I'm on a weekend trip to our southern neighbours, the part were most speak german and not italian.

I have an error but snb forums keeps blocking my post so I cannot show the log errors. Any other way to report?

Thanks, I use it, just never thought of this site. Check this:
https://pastebin.com/1d7Ukvib
Looks like the /cache/pixelserv/ directory has a problem.
Move the two ca.* files away from it, remove /pixelserv dir and recreate, setting it to write all.
Then move the ca* files back and disable and enable adblocking in AB.

I updated to merlin 380.68_2 and I'm getting an error after checking installation:

Code:
checking /etc/dnsmasq.conf
 file found
 /etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content
 /etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content

I searched this post and saw a similar question and I couldn't fix the problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I checked dnsmasq.conf and it's empty so that could be the issues. Any help would be appeciated, thank you.

solved - Thanks for the help.

Looks like the /cache/pixelserv/ directory has a problem.
Move the two ca.* files away from it, remove /pixelserv dir and recreate, setting it to write all.
Then move the ca* files back and disable and enable adblocking in AB.
Thank you, I did all those and double checked permissions, however that did not solve things.

edit - I finally got file permission right. I screwed up file permission last night too sleepy to see straight.

Last edited:
edit - OK, I see it now. Seems one just needs to post and look silly before we see the cause. erk

Forced reinstall via opkg solved this

Code:
 checking pixelserv-tls
 192.168.1.2 responded, looks good
 pixelserv-tls is not running, restarting

Starting pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution)...              done.
 pixelserv-tls is not running

Last edited:
solved see above

Last edited:
Hi. I'm a complete noob with this, and found this ad-blocking solution interesting. I just installed and everything seems fine.
I want to ask 2 things. First of all, is it better to use Pixelserv-tls than not? Any scenario where NOT using it would be better? Second is, I make use of openvpn client configured on the router, where I redirect all traffic for my laptop through the VPN tunnel, by using the policy based routing option. Making the laptops LAN ip have the destination IP set to 0.0.0.0. Question is, does this setup affect AB and or pixelserv-tls?

Status
Not open for further replies.