What's new

about Asus AX53 and the second router in mesh mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thisisme

Occasional Visitor
Hello

I have a main router ASUS AX86U PRO , i am so satisfied with it , i would like to add a second router in mode AI MESH , the idea is to have 100 percent cover of wifi signal in my apartment , the main router is connected to the modem with cable and they are in the living room , the other router i want to put in my small room ( my office ) , even my house is not that big > only two rooms plus a living room with two balconies , plus the roof that it covers the whole house , otherwise it is like a second floor , so i was thinking about to extend and cover as well all the house with a good second router , i have already metionned in my previous thread that i tried TP LINK ARCHER C80 and TP LINK ARCHER AX 55 ,

> TP LINK ARCHER C80 i bought with TP LINK WIFI EXTENDER RE 550 , which they did work very well , but TP LINK ARCHER AX55 with TP LINK WIFI EXTENDER RE 550 : the led of 2,4ghz in the wifi TP LINK WIFI EXTENDER RE 550 sometimes turns off , probably problem of compatibility , anyway , since i have now ASUS AX86U PRO , i was thinking to buy another ASUS router that does support AI MESH

i have some models in my head like : ASUS RT-AX 58U
and ASUS RT-AX53U , note that i tried ASUS RT-AX 57 before and since it was my first ASUS ROUTER i had to return it and change it with ASUS AX86U PRO that is my main router now ,

so any experience or point of view to share about and for ASUS RT-AX 58U , ASUS RT-AX53U , ASUS RT-AX 57 .
any suggestions , ideas or even comments will be always appreciated .

looking forward to your replies ,

Last edited:
All the models you indicate are none that I would be considering using in AiMesh with the RT-AX86U Pro.

How big is your apartment in SqFt? What are your ISP speeds up/down? What throughput do you get when only the main router is used/powered up?

Ideally, the best match for an AiMesh setup is another identical router running the same firmware as the main router.

All the models you indicate are none that I would be considering using in AiMesh with the RT-AX86U Pro.

How big is your apartment in SqFt? What are your ISP speeds up/down? What throughput do you get when only the main router is used/powered up?

Ideally, the best match for an AiMesh setup is another identical router running the same firmware as the main router.

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply ,
My house is 75 square meters + I have a roof that has the same size like the house .
My internet speed is 200 Mbps wifi and
About 500 Mbps with cable

The Upload is almost the same as the download speed ,

I tested the internet on the terrace ( the roof ) and I found out that it is not covered, let's say that it is covered poorly, almost no signal .

Last edited:
The roof sounds like it is made out of thick concrete or some other WiFi, non-friendly, materials,

For 75 SqM, and the ISP speeds mentioned, the routers you indicate may be all you need for a wired backhaul AiMesh node. What I would do is buy one of them and an RT-AX68U, RT-AX86U (original, 's', or Pro), and not open the latter until you've tested the former. After you test and verify what the entry-level routers are capable of, you can decide if you need to return that one, and keep the latter.

Or, you may also consider buying a GT-AX6000 to use as your main router and your current router become the AiMesh node.

All of the above choices will depend on the local prices and availability, of course.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!