What's new

AC87U QoS problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

strumf666

Occasional Visitor
I tried to set it up, but I am failing - not for the first time. This time, I have a very basic scenario, one PC is solely a torrent box atm, so I would like to assign the lowest priority to it, another a gaming PC which should have the highest priority. Adaptive QoS apparently doesn't differentiate between torrent on the torrent box and downloading a game on gaming PC. I also can't reorder devices on the first page and torrent box is on top no matter what. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Firmware Version:384.7_2

Attachments

• merlinQOS1.png
    merlinQOS1.png
    242 KB · Views: 337
LoL@me... Thanks :)

edit: Still doesn't seem to work properly? Bittorrent still gets most of the bandwith, while browser download only a fraction. Anything wrong with my settings?

Attachments

• merlinQOS2.png
    merlinQOS2.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 351
  • qos_setting2.png
    qos_setting2.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 359
  • qos_setting3.png
    qos_setting3.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
LoL@me... Thanks :)

edit: Still doesn't seem to work properly? Bittorrent still gets most of the bandwith, while browser download only a fraction. Anything wrong with my settings?

Why not try the bandwith limiter i find that works great,

Bandwidth limiter is static, so I would need to change it all the time, because I want the torrent PC to use all the bandwidth when nothing else is.