1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC87U QoS problem

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by strumf666, Dec 15, 2018.

1. strumf666

strumf666 Occasional Visitor

I tried to set it up, but I am failing - not for the first time. This time, I have a very basic scenario, one PC is solely a torrent box atm, so I would like to assign the lowest priority to it, another a gaming PC which should have the highest priority. Adaptive QoS apparently doesn't differentiate between torrent on the torrent box and downloading a game on gaming PC. I also can't reorder devices on the first page and torrent box is on top no matter what. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Firmware Version:384.7_2

Attached Files:

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

How about this starting at about 4:07?

3. strumf666

[email protected] Thanks :)

edit: Still doesn't seem to work properly? Bittorrent still gets most of the bandwith, while browser download only a fraction. Anything wrong with my settings?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. Edward05

Edward05 New Around Here

Why not try the bandwith limiter i find that works great,

5. strumf666

Bandwidth limiter is static, so I would need to change it all the time, because I want the torrent PC to use all the bandwidth when nothing else is.