What's new

Accessing modem admin page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Martronic

Occasional Visitor
hello everyone. i am wanting to be able to access my modem's admin page to be able to reboot it from any computer that is connected to my wireless network... i am using a centurylink DSL modem and i have an ASUS RT-AC87U and i have ASUSWRT-Merlin installed. the address i need to access is on 192.168.0.1/24 if i remember correctly. and i just have my network on the 192.168.1.1/24 network

i am not sure how to setup the routing to allow me to access the modem page via the wan port... (i think it lets me do that on the modem.......) i also have bridging mode on so i am not sure if that matters much...

i am doing my microsoft server administration course soon then next semester i think ill do the cisco classes... that will help a lot with terminal router setup...

any help is greatly appreciated ...

I can access my modem from any device on our home network just by entering its IP address in a browser. Nothing special has been done to the network configuration. The router between the modem and devices is an AC86U.

how do you have your system setup? as i said i have my modem in bridging mode and the router handles the ppoe settings... and if i remember correctly the modem disabled the internal DHCP server in that mode... as a result i can not just type in 192.168.0.1 and it will go to the century link modem admin page... (and i dont have my router just plugged into the lan port, i have them connected via the wan port on both devices...) i think i would have to manually set an ip address for the mac... or plug in a separate lan cord in to set up a static route... but i am not sure.

We're with Virgin Media in the UK and have their Super Hub 2, which is set to modem mode. There's a particular LAN port you must use in modem mode when using your own router and this connects to the router's WAN port. The router is running in its default wireless router mode.

With this set up, I can access the router (x.x.1.1) and modem (x.x.100.1) admin pages from any wired or wireless device on the network.

Hmm that looks like your using a cable modem.... And just like my cable setup before I switched to DSL I could also access x.x.100.1 modem page and the x.x.1.1

If I remember correctly the cable modems always have a very small DHCP server running even if your router has one running as well... Hence the reason why you and I can access the (cable) modem info page still...

But I am using a combo dsl modem and this particular modem disables the DHCP server that is running by default when I enable bridging mode...

hello everyone. i am wanting to be able to access my modem's admin page to be able to reboot it from any computer that is connected to my wireless network... i am using a centurylink DSL modem and i have an ASUS RT-AC87U and i have ASUSWRT-Merlin installed. the address i need to access is on 192.168.0.1/24 if i remember correctly. and i just have my network on the 192.168.1.1/24 network

i am not sure how to setup the routing to allow me to access the modem page via the wan port... (i think it lets me do that on the modem.......) i also have bridging mode on so i am not sure if that matters much...

i am doing my microsoft server administration course soon then next semester i think ill do the cisco classes... that will help a lot with terminal router setup...

any help is greatly appreciated ...

This link may help:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31509421-C2100T-in-bridge-mode

I did similar with an Actiontec C1000A VDSL2 on Centurylink. Not my network so I never looked for a more seamless way.

OE