What's new

Asus AX86S Ram display always at 32MB ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Funnyland123

Regular Contributor
Asus AX86S Ram display always at 32MB ??

Hello I have a new AX86S and also now tested 3 different firmware and always installed with factory reset.

Even the latest firmware from yesterday shows the same phenomenon, the Ram is always at 32MB and without reason.

Even if some say is No matter must be disregarded it must have a reason or a tip how it is displayed correctly.

Even after a reboot always the same problem. With AX88U I never had this situation.

Need help please.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-13 um 08.04.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-13 um 08.04.39.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 77
Are you actually experiencing any problems?
These RAM stats also include a lot of cached RAM that's released if it's needed for anything more important. I'll be one of those saying "I see no need to worry about this"

@ColinTaylor

Now yes, but the problem was also present without USB.

@Ripshod
Yes, you may be right that I don't need to think about it, but there must be a reason why the memory is always displayed like this.

@bbunge

Both hard and soft resets were made, and I also tested different firmwares, even beta.

Yes, you may be right that I don't need to think about it, but there must be a reason why the memory is always displayed like this.

Given the AX86S 512MB RAM, not 1GB like the AX86U that typically uses more than 512MB, maybe 32MB free is about right. Both use similar firmware and do the same things sans the few hardware differences.

OE

@ColinTaylor

Now yes, but the problem was also present without USB.
Disable user scripts and configs in the GUI (if you're using Merlin's firmware) then eject and remove the USB device. See if the RAM usage drops back down. If it does then the router is behaving normally.

You could also SSH into the router and issue the free command to get more accurate information.

Last edited:
It's funny. ERst was no USB turn Ram always down to 30 mb. Even after restart and hard reset. Now soft and hard reset made and Ram was at 150 mb. If I now turn on the hard drive, it goes down to 30 again, although it is not accessed.

If I now turn on the hard drive, it goes down to 30 again, although it is not accessed.

I think you'll find it is being accessed, you just don't know by what. For example, the USB Media Server will scan the hard disk on start-up.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!