What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No issues here

3.0.0.4.372.1393 is running smoothly here. My local network has not experienced the problems that some here have been plagued with all along. Is it possible that the network devices with the issues are actually at fault?

3.0.0.4.372.1393 is running smoothly here. My local network has not experienced the problems that some here have been plagued with all along. Is it possible that the network devices with the issues are actually at fault?

Considering the amount of reports (including my own laptop), and that Asus themselves confirmed the issue, I highly doubt that.

Well it sounds like to me, the communication between asus, and people working on the wireless driver is lacking. I guess its back to the drawing board so to speak for them, and probably another 1-2 months for a new release that will probably be broken yet again.

The 1393 GPL is released. The wireless driver from the GPL is also from July 15th, but I spotted this change in the FW code:

Code:
>           eval("wl", "-i", ifname, "ampdu_density", "6");          // resolve IOT with Intel STA for BRCM SDK 5.110.27.20012

So it seems that the fix isn't in the driver but in the configuration done by the FW. Unfortunately that does not seem to work so far... I'll try to do my own compile of the FW to test just in case somehow that fix wasn't compiled in the 1393 FW release from Asus.

Well the thing is, it's not just a device connect issue with this wireless driver. I still notice after a period of time the wireless speed's drop off, and wireless becomes unstable. So imo the driver itself still need's some work.

Nope, no luck either with my own build of 1393. The ampdu_density value does get properly applied, but my laptop either fails to connect or connects at 60 Mbits and is unable to let any traffic go over the wireless connection. This one's a dud I'm afraid.

Well sounds like to me, Asus need's to make these .3xx builds for the N66U strictly Beta builds for now. Also be good ideal for them to use the .270 drivers, and include the latest fixes, and such from the .3xx build's.

I know your starting to do that, and we all appreciate that. But Asus need's to get there shirt together till a newer wireless driver that's stable gets released. I do think wireless can be improved some from the .270 drivers, but as of now they are the most stable imo.

Everyone needs to burn a copy of the firmware that works because one never knows when they will not be offered any longer from Assu support. I use Merlin Build 3.0.0.4.372.30_3-dwrp also asus firmware 270 and 272 (1) and 260 all work good here I don't want to lose those as it seems all the new firmware is garbage. The mentioned Merlin build is rock solid no issues what so ever here.

My Mediatech chipset in my EW-7733-UnD won't even connect to the 5 GHz band of 372.1393. So back to .271. So disappointed in Asus and this router.

Went back to .271 and all is well with the 5 GHz band. Sticking with this firmware for now.

I guess i will stay on 3.0.0.4.372.1363 for now.
It works fine for me. With 272 my Nexus 7 tablet was discharging like crazy due to wakelocks from wifi. Lost 20-25% of battery during night.

P.S. I can testify that in 3.0.0.4.372.1363 firmware version checker from router's web page is working finally.
If a new fw is available you get notifed as soon as you enter firmware page.
But since new fw it offers is dreaded 3.0.0.4.372.1393 i will pass :D

Last edited:
Latest word from Asus - they saw the general feedback about this fix not working, and the information will be relayed to the developers.

aicloud doesn't work either when selcting a samba share.

wrong section , delete

Hi

Just bought this amazing router and noticed my firmware is version 3.0.0.5.354 is that correct? Says latest on the checker..but the website shows the number from this thread.

Interested in the Merlin firmware so I can get some extra feedback on the connected clients (connection rate, rssi etc) so your advice would be appreciated in whether I am safe to flash the custom firmware.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 294
Hi

Just bought this amazing router and noticed my firmware is version 3.0.0.5.354 is that correct? Says latest on the checker..but the website shows the number from this thread.

Interested in the Merlin firmware so I can get some extra feedback on the connected clients (connection rate, rssi etc) so your advice would be appreciated in whether I am safe to flash the custom firmware.

Thanks

Good hardware lousy firmware on this router. Use Merlin's firmware for best performance. Flash it like any other Asus firmware.