What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Killer part is just (bad) software. Have you tried fully uninstalling that and installing the appropriate Intel software instead?

Someone else reported that he has no issue with two RT-AX88U nodes. So, more information will need to be gathered by Asus to determine why it works for some, and fails for others.

So, no reason for the beta to be pulled. It can still be very useful in gathering troubleshooting diagnostic.

Make sure to use the Feedback form on the router, as it will also send troubleshooting data to Asus to help them analyse your setup if you have an issue.

Or Asus could just try to add an 86U or 68U node on their own... using their factory default settings.

OE

The Killer part is just (bad) software. Have you tried fully uninstalling that and installing the appropriate Intel software instead?

I've uninstalled and then re-installed the Killer driver only. I could try a pure Intel driver if there is such a thing for the Killer/Intel card. I'll bounce this off the Dell XPS forum... someone may have done this.

I think Intel just bought Killer(?)... maybe to stem the ill will Killer software may cause toward the Intel platform.

OE

My GT-AC5300 router + RT-AX88U node decided to use 20MHz spacing. Instead of 80MHz.
I've seen that when upgrading from 3.0.0.4.384.81695 to 3.0.0.4.384.81974 and I suspect the really old config on my AC5300 to be the issue.
I opened a ticket and I'm planning to reset both units asap.

Late edit: I did reset my units from Aimesh menu. Basic config still shows 20MHz.
I'm missing some config and I hope Asus will help me spotting what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
i'm 3 hours up on a dirty update on both 86u router and node. didn't get to update my 68u. I enabled Ethernet Backhaul mode and guest network on both main router and node. I've been running around the house with my phone on the guest network testing it and it's working fine. roaming was working fine before but i do feel it's better now but maybe that's just placebo. the gui is a bit slower especially when i try accessing the aimesh area. no sign of CPU usage spikes but RAM is usage is increasing faster than usual. it's a good start for a beta, i'll try a clean install when i have the time.

edit: the node management settings are a sight for sore eyes. i i can reboot the node, reconnect the node, access usb on the node and of course remove the node. i don't think i can go back to the old firmware now :D

edit: tried using a usb stick on the node and it's working as well, does the usb application use the ram on the node? cause i didn't see any memory usage increase on the main router.

Last edited:
9.0.0.4.386_38936 up and running on my "retired" XT8, looking good so far. Will reset and set up from scratch and move into production tomorrow. :)

i'm 3 hours up on a dirty update on both 86u router and node. didn't get to update my 68u. I enabled Ethernet Backhaul mode and guest network on both main router and node. I've been running around the house with my phone on the guest network testing it and it's working fine. roaming was working fine before but i do feel it's better now but maybe that's just placebo. the gui is a bit slower especially when i try accessing the aimesh area. no sign of CPU usage spikes but RAM is usage is increasing faster than usual. it's a good start for a beta, i'll try a clean install when i have the time.

edit: the node management settings are a sight for sore eyes. i i can reboot the node, reconnect the node, access usb on the node and of course remove the node. i don't think i can go back to the old firmware now :D

edit: tried using a usb stick on the node and it's working as well, does the usb application use the ram on the node? cause i didn't see any memory usage increase on the main router.

When you say you enabled Ethernet connection. You are therefore running a Ethernet back haul and not wireless? Trying my 86u"s yesterday there was no way this firmware would work on a wireless back haul without dropping nodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say you enabled Ethernet connection. You are therefore running a Ethernet back haul and not wireless? Trying my 86u"s yesterday there was no way this firmware would work on a wireless back haul without dropping nodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a wired backhaul. Too many brick walls for wireless backhaul to work in my house. Hopefully I'll try with a clean install and try to use wireless backhaul tomorrow.

I upgraded the ASUS GT-AX11000 to 386 RC2 and not seeing any major issues so far. I am digging the new AI Mesh 2.0 GUI interfaces, which begs the question...Is the rest of the GUI looking outdated and out of place?

just did a factory reset on my two 86u routers and successfully added a node to the router. it stayed at %0 for a while but then quickly moved to %100. the client list was buggy before the reset and is still is after it.

Last edited:
just did a factory reset on my two 86u routers and successfully added a node to the router. it stayed at %0 for a while but then quickly moved to %100.
Using a wireless backhaul?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Using a wireless backhaul?

i added the node using wifi. i will move my node closer to the main router now and try wireless backhaul. what problem should i be looking for ?

edit: nevermind :( wireless backhaul is not working at all.

Last edited:
i added the node using wifi. i will move my node closer to the main router now and try wireless backhaul. what problem should i be looking for ?

edit: nevermind :( wireless backhaul is not working at all.
Exactly, it seems wireless backhaul does not work at all, at least with 86u's. Nodes, again 86u"s, go off line nearly immediately. And that's after more one attempt just to get them to connect via a wireless backhaul to the main, which is also an 86u.

Edit:
Thanks to ASUS for providing the community here with an early look for testing. We are here to help to provide advice/recommendations and bug find.

Last edited:
Hi

We did reproduce this case

thanks for guys tests

Thanks for the acknowledgement. It would be nice to get the problem fixed sooner, rather than later, so users that use a wireless backhaul on 86U's can get some testing completed.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. It would be nice to get the problem fixed sooner, rather than later, so users that use a wireless backhaul on 86U's can get some testing completed.
I can't add 68u as a node to 86u at all (wireless and wired) this is the problem

I can't add 68u as a node to 86u at all (wireless and wired) this is the problem
At a guess, I think those ac units which are able to run this firmware will suffer the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!