What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Sorry for the long time waiting. We updated the SDK in the 386 rc2 branch and not as smooth as imagined.
The backhaul and client connection is not stable and cannot be released.
We are working with chipset vendor to get the new patch.
Please stay tuned.
New functions in next release are new parental control interface in the router app and a new one-click VPN client app for the IPSec VPN server.
I will open a new thread to invite iOS beta tester when the next 386 rc2 pass internal quick test.

Hi All,
Sorry for the long time waiting. We updated the SDK in the 386 rc2 branch and not as smooth as imagined.
Please stay tuned.
New functions in next release are new parental control interface in the router app and a new one-click VPN client app for the IPSec VPN server.
I will open a new thread to invite iOS beta tester when the next 386 rc2 pass internal quick test.
Don't be sorry, we should be thankful you guys are doing this for us

Hi All,
Please stay tuned.
Thank you for update
I am iPhone user, will be happy to be beta tester for iOS Router App.

rc2-5 has two issues for me: admin gui gets unresponsive, very slow, last time this happened I did a factory reset and it was resolved. I have not done that yet - my family using the internet constantly is reason. The other issue is port forwards stop working periodically. I have an nginx proxy on https/443 which goes to my Home Assistant server. toggling port forwarding off/on resolves this for now. XT8 I am not currently using mesh

rc2-5 has two issues for me: admin gui gets unresponsive, very slow, last time this happened I did a factory reset and it was resolved. I have not done that yet - my family using the internet constantly is reason. The other issue is port forwards stop working periodically. I have an nginx proxy on https/443 which goes to my Home Assistant server. toggling port forwarding off/on resolves this for now. XT8 I am not currently using mesh
The sluggish GUI is a typical symptom experienced when a full reset after upgrading hasn't been carried out.

Not currently using port forwarding so can't comment on that.

Hi together,

i have some troubles, i try to explain it.

first:
i have 2 x RT-AC67-U installed the ac68u firmware.
version: 9.0.0.4.386_40024-gcbc6145

works fine. i try to build a stable mesh system.

i connected the second mesh point with rj45 on port 2 from mesh router. and set it p as ethernet backhaul connection.
but it seemslike the connection is not stable. there are only some 1-2 clients connected.

if i try to force an client to use the mesh point instead of the router it disappers.

the mesh with prefered ethernet instead of backhaul works not stable enough cause both points to far away from each other. 1 is ground and the other first floor.

i dont know if i set it up wrong or if there still some little bugs.
maybe someone else had such a scenario and the same problems.

i hope of some hints and help.
anyways thank you still for bringing ai-mesh to our routers :)

greetings

its the link to google drive from first post. maybe they changed the source because its still labeled with 40018

Yes i see it now interesting the AC68U is the only one with version 40024.

could this be my problems? is there somewhere the 40018 version? looks like like its stable on some users routers. ?

Only what you see in the latest link on the first post.

Hi All,
Please stay tuned.
Hi ASUSWRT_2020
First of all Thank you for your great support bringing us to a final AiMesh 2.0 release.

I assume you're speaking about the next release candidate which might be RC2-6. What's about the RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U which stick still on RC2-4?

Is it planned that these routers will join the the latest RC stream? Or is it still planned to issue an RC2-5 as promised Sept. 11th?
Regards Ginny

Hi together,

i have some troubles, i try to explain it.

first:
i have 2 x RT-AC67-U installed the ac68u firmware.
version: 9.0.0.4.386_40024-gcbc6145

works fine. i try to build a stable mesh system.

i connected the second mesh point with rj45 on port 2 from mesh router. and set it p as ethernet backhaul connection.
but it seemslike the connection is not stable. there are only some 1-2 clients connected.

if i try to force an client to use the mesh point instead of the router it disappers.

the mesh with prefered ethernet instead of backhaul works not stable enough cause both points to far away from each other. 1 is ground and the other first floor.

i dont know if i set it up wrong or if there still some little bugs.
maybe someone else had such a scenario and the same problems.

i hope of some hints and help.
anyways thank you still for bringing ai-mesh to our routers :)

greetings
i forgot to explain.

i have 100% wlan connection but loosing always internet, looks like its not a stable connection. my laptop tries to use an other wlan sometimes it goes into guest wlan. thats very strange. and happens since i use it with mesh instead of an normal accespoint. :-(

i forgot to explain.

i have 100% wlan connection but loosing always internet, looks like its not a stable connection. my laptop tries to use an other wlan sometimes it goes into guest wlan. thats very strange. and happens since i use it with mesh instead of an normal accespoint. :-(

Define different SSIDs for each band and only connect to one.

OE

Define different SSIDs for each band and only connect to one.

OE
Hi OzarkEdge,

yes i ve defined SSIDs like, WLAN1 WLAN2 WLANGuest but my laptop is in WLAN1,2 and GUEST. Sometimes i switch to have access to different parts or check if guest network has access.

But visitors they only have the WLANguest , have the same problems. i dotn think this is the right solution.

ATM i switched off my meshasscesspoint, and the WLAN is stable but sadly not far enough :-(

Hi OzarkEdge,

yes i ve defined SSIDs like, WLAN1 WLAN2 WLANGuest but my laptop is in WLAN1,2 and GUEST. Sometimes i switch to have access to different parts or check if guest network has access.

But visitors they only have the WLANguest , have the same problems. i dotn think this is the right solution.

ATM i switched off my meshasscesspoint, and the WLAN is stable but sadly not far enough :-(

If you configure your laptop to connect to multiple WLANs automatically, it likely will, if they are all in range. Consider setting some to manual connection only.

I suggest you flash the firmware to the current release (no beta firmware), reset all routers, configure the router/root node from scratch, and add the remote node. My install notes may offer some tips.

I recommend different SSIDs for each band and fixed channels (not Auto).

Assemble your network one piece at a time, allowing ample time to use and confirm that each piece is working as it should before adding to it. This way, you will have a better chance of discovering the source of any trouble.

Use a wired laptop to speed test ISP equipment, then your router/root node, then your remote node. Observe the laptop connection status link rate speed while performing browser speed tests. The laptop connection link rate speed should remain steady... it likely will for wired tests, but might falter during wireless tests to indicate a troubled WiFi connection.

OE

The sluggish GUI is a typical symptom experienced when a full reset after upgrading hasn't been carried out.

Not currently using port forwarding so can't comment on that.
Agreed - I got away without it up till now through all these beta releases. Now I decide that when I do factory reset Is to go back to mesh or continue with having the secondary unit as AP. The main reasons I went to AP was that I can have more control of guest networks - there was an issue with that originally but now resolved - And have different wifi channels between the mesh nodes, this is moot really since if you want wide bandwidth channels there isn't much choice anyway - at least 5g channels. I think I will return to AImesh

The main reasons I went to AP was that I can have more control of guest networks - there was an issue with that originally but now resolved

Are you saying AP Mode guest WLANs are now properly isolated from the network?

OE

Hi All,
Please stay tuned.
@ASUSWRT_2020
I'm in for iOS beta test if you want, I'll search for thread.

I cant get any Aimesh nodes to connect through a managed OR unmanaged switch, pluged in a Netgear GS305 unmanaged and nothing, gggggrrrrrrrr any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!