What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC68U firmware was released already

Both AC68U and AC86U AiMesh 2.0 firmwares have been released.

Both AC68U and AC86U RC2-8 betas continue and were announced here today, but only AC68 RC2-8 is listed for download. AC86U RC2-8 is missing.

OE

Update 2020/11/12 (9.0.0.4.386.40947)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UHZwR1buG-nei8fne9d9OktOS2gZy6Hs?usp=sharing

This version includes 19 models:
ZenWiFi: XT8(RT-AX95Q), XD4(RT-AX56U_XD4), CD6(RT-AC59_CD6)
GT series: GT-AX11000,GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

Change log
  1. Fixed Ethernet backhaul through switch issue
  2. RT-AX86 and GT-AX11000 support 2.5G port as ethernet backhaul
  3. Fixed RT-AX55 firmware update issue.
  4. Fixed speedtest issue for android app.
  5. Fixed mesh node guest network internet connection issue.
  6. Fixed ap mode guest network issue.
  7. Added security patch
  8. Fixed repeater mode UI bug.

So ASUS R&D referred me to this thread because of my upload speed issues (getting 50% of my broadband).
Sadly, latest BETA Build do not solve my issues.
Darn... ASUS, when do we solve that ?!

So ASUS R&D referred me to this thread because of my upload speed issues (getting 50% of my broadband).
Sadly, latest BETA Build do not solve my issues.
Darn... ASUS, when do we solve that ?!

Solve what... can you provide some context?

OE

I can confirm that AP mode guest can be connected to now, however there is no network isolation so it's not really a usable guest network.

@karma

Well I guess it’s still a little “better than nothing” in that you can at least have separate Guest SSID’s which you can turn on/off, change passwords on etc without mucking about with your “main” SSID name/password, but yes isolation would be very desirable.

Funnily enough from the very early days of AIMesh 1.0 betas I’d always assumed that achieving Guest Isolation across the AIMesh would be an unsolvable limitation/side-effect WHEN the “Parent” is in AP Mode (and thus not Routing) - am I incorrect in my assumptions?

Perhaps @ASUSWRT_2020 can respond and clarify as to whether this is ever going to be achievable/fixable in the current development cycle?

Last edited:
Solve what... can you provide some context?

OE

Got 1G plan over Fiber.
Bought 2 units AX88U in August- and simplest thing like getting my 100% upload speed- not happening.
Im getting 50% of my upload speed- 50-60Mbps, usually towards 50Mbps.

Got 1G plan over Fiber.
Bought 2 units AX88U in August- and simplest thing like getting my 100% upload speed- not happening.
Im getting 50% of my upload speed- 50-60Mbps, usually towards 50Mbps.

Have you speed tested with a PC wired directly to your fiber box?

OE

Have you speed tested with a PC wired directly to your fiber box?

OE

Yup, speeds are fine directly to the modem - Dlink media converter- 950/110Mbps.

Yup, speeds are fine directly to the modem - Dlink media converter- 950/110Mbps.

How are speeds wired to a reset router, minimally configured... no QoS or traffic management features?

OE

Dear @ASUSWRT_2020 ,

thanks a lot for this new drop! And hey luckily not released Friday, 13th :). I tested the ethernet backhaul on my end where RT-AC88U (Master) -> Powerline (Switch) -> Powerline (Switch) -> RT-AC88U (Node) and still with 1G WAN first setting, or evenwith ethernet backhaul setting in system setting - the node is not visible after switching on 1G WAN first or even system setting -> ethernet backhaul. I upgraded dirty and did a system cold start. I am happy to share any debug/ trace information you need.

Thanks, Sebastian

Update 2020/11/12 (9.0.0.4.386.40947)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UHZwR1buG-nei8fne9d9OktOS2gZy6Hs?usp=sharing

This version includes 19 models:
ZenWiFi: XT8(RT-AX95Q), XD4(RT-AX56U_XD4), CD6(RT-AC59_CD6)
GT series: GT-AX11000,GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

Change log
  1. Fixed Ethernet backhaul through switch issue
  2. RT-AX86 and GT-AX11000 support 2.5G port as ethernet backhaul
  3. Fixed RT-AX55 firmware update issue.
  4. Fixed speedtest issue for android app.
  5. Fixed mesh node guest network internet connection issue.
  6. Fixed ap mode guest network issue.
  7. Added security patch
  8. Fixed repeater mode UI bug.

On RC2-8, after factory resetting the RT-AX58U node(core is a RT-AX58U also), it did not want to join AiMesh without using the cable. Must of tried around 10 times but only succeeded once I connected the cable. Also I'm noticing that clients are not switching to the node like it did on 384, after 1 hr, I only have 1 client on it when I usually have 5. If I downgrade to the node to 384 and rejoin it to AiMesh, all 5 of my clients join the node quick, literally seconds after the node boots and connects.

On RC2-8, after factory resetting the RT-AX58U node(core is a RT-AX58U also), it did not want to join AiMesh without using the cable. Must of tried around 10 times but only succeeded once I connected the cable. Also I'm noticing that clients are not switching to the node like it did on 384, after 1 hr, I only have 1 client on it when I usually have 5. If I downgrade to the node to 384 and rejoin it to AiMesh, all 5 of my clients join the node quick, literally seconds after the node boots and connects.

Amen on that.

How are speeds wired to a reset router, minimally configured... no QoS or traffic management features?

OE

That's the thing - In wired speed test- everything is good.
In wired file upload though- which is where you use the upload- 50Mbps (like on the wireless speedtest).

That's the thing - In wired speed test- everything is good.
In wired file upload though- which is where you use the upload- 50Mbps (like on the wireless speedtest).

So, wired upload speed test is ok at rated 110, but a file upload(?) is 50 Mbps. Hard to know what that means... I suppose you are also saying that a wired direct to modem file upload is ok at rated 110, which would leave the router suspect.

Could be hard to confirm without someone performing the same file upload test on their same router.

OE

@karma

Well I guess it’s still a little “better than nothing” in that you can at least have separate Guest SSID’s which you can turn on/off, change passwords on etc without mucking about with your “main” SSID name/password, but yes isolation would be very desirable.

Funnily enough from the very early days of AIMesh 1.0 betas I’d always assumed that achieving Guest Isolation across the AIMesh would be an unsolvable limitation/side-effect WHEN the “Parent” is in AP Mode (and thus not Routing) - am I incorrect in my assumptions?

Perhaps @ASUSWRT_2020 can respond and clarify as to whether this is ever going to be achievable/fixable in the current development cycle?

to be honest it's not really better than nothing because it's dangerously misleading to call it a 'guest' network without isolation. if guest network isolation is not possible in AP mode it should be made very clear in the UI or the feature should be disabled. another option which would be acceptable would be to provide the possibility of vlan tagging.

Indeed it would be very cool if @ASUSWRT_2020 could let us know.

[edit, actually, thinking about it, vlan tagging should be available in the UI in AP mode either way, and not just for guest, to allow for maximum flexibility. However provding tagging for guest would be a very good start :). ASUSWRT_2020, is that something that could be considered please?]

Last edited:
to be honest it's not really better than nothing because it's dangerously misleading to call it a 'guest' network without isolation. if guest network isolation is not possible in AP mode it should be made very clear in the UI or the feature should be disabled.

I agree with you ... it needs to be VERY clearly labelled if Guest Isolation is not possible in AP Mode.
Wouldn't mind keeping it though, with those suitable cautions, for the reasons I've stated above in terms of having extra "disposable" SSIDs beyond my main one(s).
Maybe I'm an edge case?

Still hoping @ASUSWRT_2020 chimes in and tells us it IS possible though? :)

Wanted to try RC8 to see whether my issue with Instant Guard is resolved...

...but my testing platform is the RT-AC86U, and that firmware still seems to be missing.

Hi want to ask,
Is it considered guest isolation working if my phone cannot cast to my Mibox android while connection on Guest Wifi?

If connect to normal wifi, Mibox detected when want to cast youtube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!