What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flashed this firmware on my AX86U hoping I could enable the network printer server on my second AiMesh 2.0 node. Turns out its not an option as I'm only seeing Servers Center, TIme Machine, and Download Master when going into the nodes USB app under management.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the print server on a router that is on an AiMesh 2.0 node? I had a label printer that was working fine with my 68U as a node...

So, wired upload speed test is ok at rated 110, but a file upload(?) is 50 Mbps. Hard to know what that means... I suppose you are also saying that a wired direct to modem file upload is ok at rated 110, which would leave the router suspect.

Could be hard to confirm without someone performing the same file upload test on their same router.

OE

Correct.
Directly to the modem is AVG 100Mbps- say 100-120Mbps.
But not for a single moment, not 50Mbps.

This issue is unique , like 10 users have this issues after wide tests with my same ISP.
Most of my ISP clients do not have these issues.

Last edited:
Tested both RC7 and RC8 on a RT-AC5300 (on Verizon FIOS network). Got WAN IP address and internet connection, but the connection only maintained for a short period of time (like a minute). The network map showed Internet Status: Disconnected.

Tried:
- removed RT-AC68U node;​
- set DHCP query frequency to Normal and Continuous mode;​
- restored to factory default without custom setting changes (except SSIDs and WPA2).​
No stable internet connection.

Restored to 384_82072, got stable internet connection.

Just upgr both my AX92U, running wired backhaul that have been stable since last 2 patches, but did notice a few WAN drops on main CPE before I now upgr to RC8. I work for the ISP I have so I'm know it was nothing on that end. Not sure if the new SW, will resolve that issue, as it only happened a few times a week, will post about it in a weeks time.
But back to this RC8. Now suddenly the wifi speeds are a lot slower, and the LAN light on the CPE is off even doh the LAN is active and working, all 4 ports connected.
Tried reloading the sw twice and manual boot, no change. Not that this is a huge issue, but the wifi speeds was kinda bummer.
Did avg around 420-490Mbps on RC6, now on RC8 it avg around 250-320Mbps. Via mesh or main node gives the same result. This on a 500Mbps connection.

Forgot to mention, have shared feedback trough the asus gui.

Last edited:
Hi want to ask,
Is it considered guest isolation working if my phone cannot cast to my Mibox android while connection on Guest Wifi?

If connect to normal wifi, Mibox detected when want to cast youtube video.

From a little experience and what has been mentioned here, it seems pre-AiMesh 2.0 guest WLANs did not isolate clients (unless you set it so for all band WiFi), but the AiMesh 2.0 index1 guest WLANs do. I suspect this has to do with how the new index1 guest IP assignments can be/are now routed.

I also suspect Asus is not done with guest WLANs... that their implementation might evolve some.

What I don't know, I suspect until I learn otherwise. :)

OE

Correct.
Directly to the modem is AVG 100Mbps- say 100-120Mbps.
But not for a single moment, not 50Mbps.

This issue is unique , like 10 users have this issues after wide tests with my same ISP.
Most of my ISP clients do not have these issues.

I guess you will need to stay on released firmware until they fix this.

OE

@ASUSWRT_2020
Asus should add an option to know WAN uptime, almost other routers have this option except Asus routers.
I’m using an internet connection with dynamic IP address so I want to view WAN uptime. If my IP is changed, I will see current WAN uptime and compare with the log to see the reason when WAN connection was down.
I’m using AX56U.
Thank you!

Hope @ASUSWRT_2020 add WAN uptime option to view uptime of WAN

About rc2-8 build for AX56U, everything is ok but free RAM in this build is lower than previous builds.

Hope Asus optimize soon!

Last edited:
Dear @ASUSWRT_2020 ,
thanks a lot for this new drop! And hey luckily not released Friday, 13th :).

Part of me wants to see the missing AC86U drop today (before the weekend) and part of me doesn't! :)

OE

ax55 link to rc8 not work!!!!!!

AX55 RC2-8 link worked here!!!!!!

1605281201549.png

OE

With AiMesh 2.0, can you free the second 5Ghz channel when using wired backhaul?

I'm temporarely on a set of Lyras and the second 5Ghz is not usable: 5 GHz-2 is now used as dedicated WiFi backhaul under AiMesh mode.
Even though all nodes are connected wired (and set as such in the AiMesh configuration).

I guess you will need to stay on released firmware until they fix this.

OE

Yup
Fun fact, I own those 2pcs since August.

In 3 months, my WiFi performenance was not even remotely close to the ones I have in last 24h while I'm on this FW.
386 is WAY better than 384.

Yup
Fun fact, I own those 2pcs since August.

In 3 months, my WiFi performenance was not even remotely close to the ones I have in last 24h while I'm on this FW.
386 is WAY better than 384.
I am running two AX88Us on Merlin 386 alpha AiMesh - no problems here. I had half of download speeds until I unsigned TrendMicro EULA under privacy tab. Afterwards I consistently started getting nominal 910/110Mbs. I had to do factory reset and reboot fibre modem after firmware upgrade.

With AiMesh 2.0, can you free the second 5Ghz channel when using wired backhaul?

I'm temporarely on a set of Lyras and the second 5Ghz is not usable: 5 GHz-2 is now used as dedicated WiFi backhaul under AiMesh mode.
Even though all nodes are connected wired (and set as such in the AiMesh configuration).

You should be able to switch on "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" and that will release the 2nd 5GHz radio.
See the attachment. That's from a GT-AC5300.
I was able to add the second 5GHz radio to Smart Connect and this is the single most important addition 386 adds for me.
Try to find if that is an option on your Lyra.
And be aware this is causing big troubles for people using a dumb switch in between router and node - most likely because of lack of support for large MTU.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-11-13 16-39-38.png
    Screenshot from 2020-11-13 16-39-38.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 156
The only word I would use is 'sell'. :p

When RT-AC86u ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!