What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.27 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm also having streaming issues on the 5GHz to my AppleTV. But I'm currently running latest ASUS fw, so I guess the drivers are to blame?

Hi
Yes I think that the 5 Ghz wireless driver is to blame and that the streaming was jsut a good way to reveal any problem.
During regular file transfer many network errors are easily recovered.

The sure thing is that rolling back to the previous driver release (no importance what firmware is used, official or Merlin) the streaming works well.

Best Regards
Ocram

@Merlin

Hi wen come the next FW??

He says he is waiting for an updated wireless driver from Asus.

While waiting, I ended up doing a lot of general fixes to the firmware, in addition to finalizing the site survey feature. I'd like these fixes to get a round of public beta test, so if by the end of the week Asus hasn't released a fixed version of the wireless driver, I will try to manually integrate the wireless driver from beta build 345 (this will be trickier since I can only extract the linked binary driver from the FW release instead of having the original binary blobs to link at build time) and make a release based on it. That one is also based on the new driver code, however the 5 GHz band seems to be working properly.

Note that the N16 and AC66U would remain on the build 354 driver as they didn't have any major issue with it.

I will try to manually integrate the wireless driver from beta build 345

Looks like the problem might not be with the wireless driver itself, since it's exactly the same file in both versions. The plot thickens...

When i open the settings page from my Android phone . it never asks for the Admin password. it goes strait to the settings.
Is it supposed to do that .?

I deleted all my Android browser settings and it still bypasses the login

Last edited:
When i open the settings page from my Android phone . it never asks for the Admin password. it goes strait to the settings.

Doesn't happen on my phone. Asks for the password as expected.

Try powering your phone off ans on - maybe it still has an active session open.

Doesn't happen on my phone. Asks for the password as expected.

Try powering your phone off ans on - maybe it still has an active session open.

Thats wierd but not a big problem, try logging in on yor phone, then see if it bypasses the login everytime. even after clearing all browser settings and reboot on stock 4.1.2. android somehow I cant log out. not a big deal though cause its still secure.

Similar experience here with accessing the hard drives attached to the router. Supposed to ask for name/password. Do not.

Go back to 270.26, login information is requested/required.

I have security on so that anyone accessing the hard drives is supposed to be asked login information.

Phone log in without being asked?
Access hard drives without being asked?

Hmmm....

The sure thing is that rolling back to the previous driver release (no importance what firmware is used, official or Merlin) the streaming works well.

Best Regards
Ocram

True, but that would kill my xboxes... I've moved the AppleTV to 2,4GHz until this gets sorted out.

Similar experience here with accessing the hard drives attached to the router. Supposed to ask for name/password. Do not.

Go back to 270.26, login information is requested/required.

I have security on so that anyone accessing the hard drives is supposed to be asked login information.

Phone log in without being asked?

Hmmm....

If your pc user account has the same user/pass combination then it will never ask for a password. That is how its supposed to work.

Hmmm....

I cannot reproduce this here. I just tried, and I get asked for a username/password when trying to access the share from my work computer. As posted, if your computer's login credentials matches those configured on the router, then Windows automatically supplies them to the router, bypassing any login request.

Can someone let me know if connecting through the AiCloud via an IE10 OR Chrome (latest) on an https connection will not allow for the PC listed to expand it's shred folder content?

This works just fine through my Android device. I am running the official Asus .354 firmware while waiting for Merlin to finalize his tweaks. Just wondering if anyone else is having any issue with AiCloud folder access over the internet. It doesn't matter if it's LAN or public IP address either. Neither will let me expand my PC to see the folders available.

Not sure if this is related to the 5GHz issue, but in our household, nearly all of us were experiencing regular disconnection issues on 2.4GHz b/g/n. (b/g protection mode was on, Xbox mode was on)

When this issue would occur, nearly all our devices (about 11 of them on different platforms) would get disconnected and would try to reconnect but fail. Manually trying to reconnect would result in a failure as well. We are using channel 11, which isn't used by neighboring APs and is the least polluted channel.

The temporary fix for that issue was to reboot the router. However, I found that turning off b and g and running exclusively on n solved the issue permanently. This solution is acceptable for us since all our devices are n capable, but just thought I'd report it anyways.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm on an AC66U - brand new router, loaded with Merlin's beta firmware as soon as I purchased it.

Edit2: Issue has re-surfaced. Changing to n didn't really solve anything. Rebooting solves the issue but only temporarily.

Last edited:

I can't reproduce this here, tested with Chrome Beta under Android 4.2.2.

Oh I see there is new beta build.

Last edited:
Very simple question whats the command that prints the output given in

System Log->Wireless log

Very simple question whats the command that prints the output given in

System Log->Wireless log

Code:
cat /tmp/syslog.log

But you'd most likely want to page it:

Code:
cat /tmp/syslog.log | more

Yeah thats the syslog, i meant the "wireless log", where it shows the connection rate etc...

Sorry, I read it too quickly.

It's not a specific command. The output is generated by the web server and inserted into the page.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!