What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raptor, was this after a reset to defaults on all routers you upgraded the firmware on?

Asus publishes the GPL code on their support site, same location where you can download firmware updates. Select "Others" as your operating system, you will get a "Source code" category then.

376.47 is based on the RT-AC87U`s 376_2678 GPL code.
Ah, that was the secret! :eek:

Thanks a lot for your help; I will try to figure-out what might be going on with my Novatel USB modem.

Hello Merlin,

In some previous posts I've read about changing the TX power adjustment without having any effect.

Couldn't find the post right now, but it seems the sliders of 2,4GHz and 5GHz are mixed up.

When changing powerslider (on professional tab) from 2,4GHz to 1%, the signal of 5GHz disappear. After some time it returns with a lower signal on 5GHz.

When changing powerslider from 5GHz to 1%, the signal of 5GHz disappear, After some time it returns with a stronger signal on 5GHz.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Last edited:
The AP unit may not need a reset as it's configuration is much less complex than your main router.

I would not be waiting. Upgrade to the latest firmware, as no one else has reported this issue. Do a full reset to defaults, manually enter all settings and only change the settings needed to get a working router. I would also upgrade the AP unit too at this point or at least do a reset to it too, to know where you're starting from if this needs to be investigated further.

Maybe you are right. I have restored factory defaults and manually configured it now. I will try to make tests tomorrow with downloading some torrent files and bigger traffic.

UPDATE: After resetting to factory defaults and configuring once again manually, everything is fine. I tried to download some files with many seeds, many downloaders to test traffic - everything is fine.
So I recommend to all: make factory reset:)

Last edited:
RMerlin. I found an odd bug in 376.47. I use a RT-N66U and a RT-AC66U as ethernet bridges. I use only the 5 GHz channel. The Asus firmware automatically disables the 2.4 GHz band when you select a 5 GHz AP. When I upgraded to 376.47 from 376.45 I noticed on Inssider that there was two new AP's named Asus on channel 1 2.4 GHz and they were very close by. Turns out it was from the ethernet bridges. In this operating mode there is no way to control the wireless though the Asus GUI. I downgraded ethernet bridges back to 376.45 and the Asus signals on channel 1 went away. Thanks!

I've had a couple of reports about this so far. As a workaround, you can switch to router mode, disable/configure these, then switch back to Bridge Mode.

Need the actual context. What are you testing, and how? What wireless adapter do you have in your client device?
Aah sorry.

I am testning the speed of the wifi,
I pay to get 500 and i get that in Wired
On my galaxy note 3 that has AC wireless I get those WiFi numbers I posted before!
Seems that the 2.4 GHz WiFi speed is quite low (58)

Aah sorry.

I am testning the speed of the wifi,
I pay to get 500 and i get that in Wired
On my galaxy note 3 that has AC wireless I get those WiFi numbers I posted before!
Seems that the 2.4 GHz WiFi speed is quite low (56)

That's probably normal speed. Most mobile devices only support 75 or 150 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band, which is in line with the performance you are observing.

802.11ac only works on the 5 GHz band.

RMerlin thanks so much for the new firmware.
Just wanted to let you know that Multicast support (IGMP Proxy; IGMP Snooping; Udpxy) is broken: video stream begins normally and smoothly, but after that it gets interrupted every 30secs for about 20secs.
Had to revert back to john9527's 374.43 firmware (and yes, I did a factory reset when I upgraded).
Thanks!

That's probably normal speed. Most mobile devices only support 75 or 150 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band, which is in line with the performance you are observing.

802.11ac only works on the 5 GHz band.
Okey thank you!
I tested on my laptop that have N wireless and got around 20-30 on the 2.4 Ghz :(
My phone (5ghz) and wired is fast but the 2.4 ghz seems kinda low :(

For me the wifi range is definitely lower (It was best with .43)

I test it with wifi analysiser and used to able to get all the way to the bottom of garden and get a decent signal , now I cant.

I ran speed tests last night and am now getting around 75/80 when previously I was getting 108 ( i have 100mb but for some reason get 108 )

I'm not trying to be contentious but perhaps working on range and speed rather than bells and whistles for version .48 might be the thing to do ?

I test it with wifi analysiser and used to able to get all the way to the bottom of garden and get a decent signal , now I cant.

I ran speed tests last night and am now getting around 75/80 when previously I was getting 108 ( i have 100mb but for some reason get 108 )

I'm not trying to be contentious but perhaps working on range and speed rather than bells and whistles for version .48 might be the thing to do ?

Same for me, really bad wifi :(

The wifi range can't be resolved by Merlin; the drivers are closed source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N66 owners need to understand the signal and range issues are forever the way it is now because of Asus this is the way they want it. If you want the N66 to be the router it use to be then you need to use older firmware and forget about the new stuff or do like me and get another router. :(

N66 owners need to understand the signal and range issues are forever the way it is now because of Asus this is the way they want it. If you want the N66 to be the router it use to be then you need to use older firmware and forget about the new stuff or do like me and get another router. :(

Yup fixed my N66U issues with a Netgear R7000. Much better wifi range, especially 5g and USB performance much better. So far very pleased with my decision. And have Tomato or DD-WRT as an option if wanted/needed.
--bill

Last 24 hours not graphing?

Searched, but haven't seen anyone else reporting this, running on an AC87R, everything seems to be working fine, except the traffic monitor "Last 24 hours" graph isn't showing the graph. If I mouse over the graph, I can see the specific data displayed. No problems with any of the other traffic monitor settings (real-time is drawing the graph.)

What router did you get instead?

Skickat med Sony Z2 via Tapatalk pro

My AC68U results are similar and I've done what I could to smooth it out. Is there a downside to flashing the. 43 fork or, any additional precautions to take? For my purposes, WiFi signal & throughput are paramount.

What router did you get instead?

Skickat med Sony Z2 via Tapatalk pro

I got the AC68U back in Feb of 2014 because after they quit using the SDK5 driver on my 66U it was really just never the same. I dont see any reduction in power with the new builds using the 68U but it never had the range to begin with my old 66U did using SDK5.

My next purchase wont be Asus i am going to try the R-7000 have a few friends in other forums that say they work excellent now with better signal and range then there Asus routers now that Netgear has fixed the firmware.

I had to revert back to .45 after upgrading to .47 cause AiCloud web server didn't come up and cannot reach from local https address also from AiCloud clients.

It wasn't a DDNS issue, clients were getting IP address correctly however web server wasn't in service.

Back to .45 and it backs to normal.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!