What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe just me but after going straight from 376.45 to 376.47 my wireless seems unstable. I'm getting good speeds via ethernet, at least as good if not better. On 2.4 I'm all over the map with huge speed fluctuations and erratic link speeds. The only 5 GHz devices I use have no way to speed test but signal strength level has definitely dropped. I've rebooted both my modem (Moto SB6141) and router (AC68U) a couple of times each with no noticeable change. I'm gonna give it a couple of days to see if things settle down & if not, probably revert back or since no one else seems to be seeing this, do a factory restore & try 376.47 again?

I have same hardware and firmware, upgraded to 47_0 without any issue, no factory reset. Just straight forward upgraded was smooth. No issue with wireless, dnla or samba (thats all I use)

DLNA not updating in real-time

Asus removed threading support to sqlite in recent versions. I have to assume this was done for stability and reliability reasons on SMP routers.

Not having inotify support doesn't mean minidlna won't work, it simply means it might not pickup changes on your USB disk in real time.

Is there a work around to this (besides reverting to a prior version of the firmware) as my N66U isn't picking up any changes until I reboot the router which is a PIA? Enabling/Disabling the DLNA Media Server also doesn't pickup the changes.

JFFS issue

When I upgrade from 376.45 to 376.47 on my RT-AC68R, somehow my JFFS is not recognized. I already tried router recovery mode (192.168.1.1) and uploaded the image.

What happened is once I restored the saved config, my configured SSID disappeared (Even though the Wireless LED lights are on). I narrowed it down by repeatedly factory reset the config, and manually add the config one by one.

When I enable JFFS on the GUI and reboot, that's when the router has problem (i.e. My configured SSID disappeared and I cannot get into the router). I also tried erase NVRAM "mtd-erase2 nvram" and make sure I got "nvram get jffs2_on 1" before I reboot the router.

Great efforts Merlin

But like official 1663 i dont want to see "Clients list" spinning wheel refreshing every time i want to acces it.I got 11 clients log on my router, probably its not an issue, but its annoying.:(
Reverting back to 374.43_v3 fork(final and last fw for my AC68) working fine and i stick with it.

Thanx again for your great job :D

The reason why I re-enabled the automated refresh is because I got tired of people complaining that the client list kept displaying clients that no longer were connected. I figured that having a reliable, up-to-date list was more important.

I see Asus has done some further improvement to that code in 2769, but I haven't studied the impact of these improvements yet.

I had to revert back to .45 after upgrading to .47 cause AiCloud web server didn't come up and cannot reach from local https address also from AiCloud clients.

It wasn't a DDNS issue, clients were getting IP address correctly however web server wasn't in service.

Back to .45 and it backs to normal.

AiCloud worked fine when I tested it on three different models. What router model do you have?

This version is perfect on my 68U. In an unrelated issue, I also fixed my LAN 3&4 not working with VLAN settings enabled - turns out Merlin himself had the solution, but the answer was in some other unrelated thread that I stumbled onto. I am one happy camper! :D:D

[Don't want to derail the thread, but the solution was:]
nvram set switch_stb_x=0
nvram commit
reboot
This is for those without IPTV, as it will not let the STB function anymore, but give you back your LAN ports.

Last edited:
I had to revert back to .45 after upgrading to .47 cause AiCloud web server didn't come up and cannot reach from local https address also from AiCloud clients.

It wasn't a DDNS issue, clients were getting IP address correctly however web server wasn't in service.

Back to .45 and it backs to normal.

I am having the same Issue on AC68U, can´t connect to Aicloud from my network or from my external ip, But I can connect with asus app on ipad.

It is AC66U, i wasn't able to reach AiCloud from WAN or LAN, it seems WEB daemon had some issues, first i thought DDNS of Asus is acting up but it wasn't the issue.

When i revert back to .45, all back to normal (WAN and LAN works properly), you might want to check it with AC66U for the upcoming releases.

RMerlin regarding my 3G USB Modem that works with ASUS RT-N66U_3.0.0.4.376.2524 but not with your ASUSWRT-Merlin based on RT-AC87U.

I downloaded the GPL for both the RT-N66U and then the RT-AC87U and found an odd difference between them: in the stock N66U source is an option.c file 83KB in size which is located here:

asuswrtGPL_RT-N66U_3.0.0.4.376.2524\release\src-rt\linux\linux-2.6\drivers\usb\serial

But in the AC-87U source, the option.c is in a different place and is only 63KB in size, having dropped apparently a number of devices and some code:

asuswrtGPL_RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4.376.2769\release\src-rt-6.x.4708\linux\linux-2.6.36\drivers\usb\serial

I do not know if the differences in this file (two others, dongles.h and usb_devices.c appear to be identical between the two sources) would account for my and lancer73's problems, or why it is so different/why ASUS might have altered it. Could you take a quick look please?

Thank you.

EDIT: Although dongles.h is indeed identical, WinMerge shows me that usb_devices.c is slightly different in the AC87U vs. the N66U GPL. I'm not a programmer but clearly the AC87U has some different basis by virtue of the path descriptions.

Last edited:
RMerlin regarding my 3G USB Modem that works with ASUS RT-N66U_3.0.0.4.376.2524 but not with your ASUSWRT-Merlin based on RT-AC87U.

I downloaded the GPL for both the RT-N66U and then the RT-AC87U and found an odd difference between them: in the stock N66U source is an option.c file 83KB in size which is located here:

asuswrtGPL_RT-N66U_3.0.0.4.376.2524\release\src-rt\linux\linux-2.6\drivers\usb\serial

But in the AC-87U source, the option.c is in a different place and is only 63KB in size, having dropped apparently a number of devices and some code:

asuswrtGPL_RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4.376.2769\release\src-rt-6.x.4708\linux\linux-2.6.36\drivers\usb\serial

I do not know if the differences in this file (two others, dongles.h and usb_devices.c appear to be identical between the two sources) would account for my and lancer73's problems, or why it is so different/why ASUS might have altered it. Could you take a quick look please?

Thank you.

EDIT: Although dongles.h is indeed identical, WinMerge shows me that usb_devices.c is slightly different in the AC87U vs. the N66U GPL. I'm not a programmer but clearly the AC87U has some different basis by virtue of the path descriptions.

The RT-N66 uses kernel 2.6.22.19, while the RT-AC87 uses kernel 2.6.36.4.

68U 376.47

today experienced internet not responding..after rebooting 68u, back to normal..that never happened before..just want to share my experience about 376.47

today experienced internet not responding..after rebooting 68u, back to normal..that never happened before..just want to share my experience about 376.47

Are you using the RT-AC68U in any way other than LAN and WiFi internet?

Do you have any special settings other than default?

Was the issue the router or your ISP... service, dhcp or modem issues?

just normal usage and no special setting..back to normal after rebooting router, so i figure it was router problem?

I don't know why but SSH seems flaky on this build. Sometimes I can SSH to router sometimes I can't (just times out). I've never experienced this before.

davewolfs, What O/S, browser and A/V are you using?

The RT-N66 uses kernel 2.6.22.19, while the RT-AC87 uses kernel 2.6.36.4.

Ok, but can the USB Modem files for one be used for the other?

What I am not understanding here is why you are using source for the AC87 for -Merlin advertised for N66, when it seems the AC87 source is "less good" relative to USB Modem functions. Regardless, are you saying these files from N66 are certain to be unusable with your AC87 compilation????

Ok, but can the USB Modem files for one be used for the other?

Without actually analyzing the Kernel code and determining if that code requires any change to work on a different kernel version, that's impossible to say.

What I am not understanding here is why you are using source for the AC87 for -Merlin advertised for N66, when it seems the AC87 source is "less good" relative to USB Modem functions. Regardless, are you saying these files from N66 are certain to be unusable with your AC87 compilation????

The code from the AC87 GPL release contains both the common code that is shared accross *all* Asus routers, plus the AC87 specific bits. Merging these on top of my source tree does not affect the N66-specific bits. The MIPS kernel used by the N66 comes from the latest N66/AC66 GPL release, it's not affected in any way by the merge of the ARM kernel on top of the entire source tree - the two exist in parallel.

I am simply using the latest GPL release, regardless of the targeted router model, since that's irrelevant. And right now, the newest is the AC87U release.

In short: nothing was "downgraded" by merging the AC87U code. My source tree contains the latest from all models, merged together.

Asuswrt is based on a unified code base shared by ALL of Asus's routers. The device-specific bits are all in the same source tree, stored in parallel, and compiled according to the target model you specify at the time you build the firmware.

Anyone having problems with the 5GHz on RT-AC68U and this build?

After running fine for 3 days my clients just disconnect and the 5G SSID doesn't show up when doing wirless survey on the client...The 2.4 GHz + guest network shows up fine.

After restart managed to get it running but client connection seems a bit flaky :(

Reverting back to 376.45

Just had to go back from 47 to 45 on both routers RT-AC66U and RT-N66U. My routers after a few days kept disconnecting me from the internet. Speed almost reduced to a crawl.
Resets and reboots did not help. 45 is speeding things along again. First issue I have had on RMerlins firmware anyone else having the same issue.

RMerlinn thanks for all the hard work and this issue, might just be isolated to my environment only.:(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!