What's new

asuswrt-merlin: Better traffic status analytics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bgladx64

New Around Here
Running asuswrt-merlin on an Asus RT-N66U

I'd like to be able to gather the historical bandwidth traffic data, by IP, from my router onto my computer so I can analyze and display the data better than the asuswrt-merlin web interface is capable of.

A few questions:
1. I can get overall network bandwidth statistics over time by collecting the tomato_cstats and tomato_rstats files that the bandwidth monitor feature generates. However, these files don't seem to contain data for individual IPs. How can I collect historical bandwidth data per IP?

2. Once the data is collected, how can I plot it? Is there already software available for this? I'd like to be able to do things like plot instantaneous bandwidth usage vs time for each IP on the subnet, look for peak usage hours, identify percent of total bandwidth consumption per IP at a given time in the past. Plotting is what I'm really after though.

Anyone done anything like this before?

1. The cstats file contains the "per IP" information if you have enabled IPTraffic.
2. No, you'll have to write your own software.

Search the forum. Similar questions have been asked before and some have posted their approaches to the problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!