What's new

AX82U and AX58U mixed firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

steff_th

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I have a AX82U as main node and two AX58U as mesh nodes, which are connected over ethernet.
Everything was working fine when the AX82U used the firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43588 and the two AX58U mesh nodes used the same firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43588.
Some days ago the firmware of the AX82U was updated to the latest version 3.0.0.4.386.45375 - the first day everything was working fine (I think so - i didn't recognize any issues). The second day when I logged into the web gui I clicked on AiMesh and there was nothing to see (no main node and no mesh nodes), but on the dashboard I could see two AiMesh nodes which were online. The lights on the mesh nodes were all white and I could connect from the mesh nodes to the web gui and I also got internet connection. After a complete restart of all three I still didn't see anything under AiMesh, although two connected AiMesh nodes on the dashboard, but one mesh node had a red light (no connection). There was still no sync between the mesh nodes to the main node after waiting three hours, so I restarted again and it got worse: dashboard says two offline mesh nodes, the menu AiMesh shows still nothing, one mesh node has a red light and the other one has a white light, but I get no connection to the web gui or to the internet, when I am connected to one of the nodes. I waited because this night there was a automatic restart and now it's completely confusing: dashboard says two offline mesh nodes, the menu AiMesh shows still nothing, one mesh node has a red light and the other one has a white light, but I get no connection to the web gui or to the internet, when I am connected over wifi to one of the nodes, but if i am connected over ethernet to one of the two nodes I get a connection to the web gui and to the internet. o_O

Currently there is no download for the firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45375 for the AX58U - can I download it from the AX82U and manually install this version? Or is it possible to manually upload and downgrade the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386.43588 of the AX82U over the web gui?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks and greets,
Stefan

Hello everyone,

I have a AX82U as main node and two AX58U as mesh nodes, which are connected over ethernet.
Everything was working fine when the AX82U used the firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43588 and the two AX58U mesh nodes used the same firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.43588.
Some days ago the firmware of the AX82U was updated to the latest version 3.0.0.4.386.45375 - the first day everything was working fine (I think so - i didn't recognize any issues). The second day when I logged into the web gui I clicked on AiMesh and there was nothing to see (no main node and no mesh nodes), but on the dashboard I could see two AiMesh nodes which were online. The lights on the mesh nodes were all white and I could connect from the mesh nodes to the web gui and I also got internet connection. After a complete restart of all three I still didn't see anything under AiMesh, although two connected AiMesh nodes on the dashboard, but one mesh node had a red light (no connection). There was still no sync between the mesh nodes to the main node after waiting three hours, so I restarted again and it got worse: dashboard says two offline mesh nodes, the menu AiMesh shows still nothing, one mesh node has a red light and the other one has a white light, but I get no connection to the web gui or to the internet, when I am connected to one of the nodes. I waited because this night there was a automatic restart and now it's completely confusing: dashboard says two offline mesh nodes, the menu AiMesh shows still nothing, one mesh node has a red light and the other one has a white light, but I get no connection to the web gui or to the internet, when I am connected over wifi to one of the nodes, but if i am connected over ethernet to one of the two nodes I get a connection to the web gui and to the internet. o_O

Currently there is no download for the firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45375 for the AX58U - can I download it from the AX82U and manually install this version? Or is it possible to manually upload and downgrade the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386.43588 of the AX82U over the web gui?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks and greets,
Stefan
Hi ,

Yes there seems to be a problem with RT-AX82U update 45375 which I manually installed , using Windows 11.

My default wifi SSID connection ( have 5 ) seems to change at will on reboot to one out of range.
Also one of the 10 regular pieces of wifi hardware does not seem to want to connect ( Amazon Echo Spot )
I have now reverted back to 43588 update, which works correctly as before. .

I dont use AiMesh options.

Waiting for this router to be supported here , seems a lost cause .

WARNING : DONT MIX AND MATCH UPDATES FROM DIFFERENT ROUTER MODELS

Yes got to "Administration" section in Router menu and turn off Firmware Auto update, and choose the 3rd option and each time manually update each RT-AX82U version , from below link download location ( find similar link for other router ) :

Last edited: