What's new

AX86U Pro 10mins Reboot Loop with Port-Trigger Feature Enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FKYR

Occasional Visitor
I have a newly bought RT-AX86U Pro and faced reboot loop for every 10-15 minutes.
I used to think it was related to the massive outage event of ASUS earlier.
I even went to claim for another hardware from ASUS store, but the problem still persist.
I also tried different firmware versions, but doesn't help
Turns out if I turn off the Port Trigger feature, the reboot loop stops.
I did not have this issue on AX86S.
Does anyone also face this issue?

Attachments

• Port-Trigger.png
    Port-Trigger.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 43
I have a newly bought RT-AX86U Pro and faced reboot loop for every 10-15 minutes.
I even went to claim for another hardware from ASUS store, but the problem still persist.
What firmware/version are you using?

What firmware version? What do the logs show around the time the router reboots?

Why do you have port trigger turned on? It's off by default. I see Teams and what looks like wifi calling, not sure you need port trigger for those.

Never ever I've considered "Port Trigger".
For once - devices are getting the same IP every single time. For those that I really need to create a port forwarding, it's safer to also have a DHCP binding. But that's not really a concern - they do get the IP based on MAC address.
2. Why would do you actually need that feature? UDP500&4500 - that basic IPSEC NAT-T. Is something not working if you're not doing that?

But grant - it's a bug!

Why do you have port trigger turned on? It's off by default. I see Teams and what looks like wifi calling, not sure you need port trigger for those.
I am using wifi call on my cell phones as my house not receiving good signal for calling. If not having 500 & 4500 UDP enabled, incoming calls always failed for the first time.
For the teams, that's optional to me. I can just remove it for simple.
I have been tried for 3.0.0.4_388.23565, 3.0.0.4.388.23285, 3.0.0.4.388.21070, all results are the same.
May be I try remove the teams port first

I am using wifi call on my cell phones as my house not receiving good signal for calling. If not having 500 & 4500 UDP enabled, incoming calls always failed for the first time.

I have the same scenario - not good enough mobile coverage, yet I don't have the problem with phones establishing ipsec tunnels to operator and keeping it alive. I can see most times wifi calling taking place, both inbound and outbound.
But no port forwarding needed. Because phone is the one initiating the tunnel and keeping the tunnel alive.

Never ever I've considered "Port Trigger".
For once - devices are getting the same IP every single time. For those that I really need to create a port forwarding, it's safer to also have a DHCP binding. But that's not really a concern - they do get the IP based on MAC address.
2. Why would do you actually need that feature? UDP500&4500 - that basic IPSEC NAT-T. Is something not working if you're not doing that?

But grant - it's a bug!
Thanks for the opinion.
That's a nice feature to solve my incoming wifi call problem.
But if it is problematic, I could disable that.
Just spent me so much time to figure out this feature causing the crash. It drives me crazy

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!