What's new

Best country to setup for getting the strong wifi signal.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
I just bought an Asus RT-AX86s.

I live in italy where rules for electromagnetic emissions are very strictly. My idea is to setup a country where emission can be stronger than italy.

It's a wrong Idea?

Thank
Olindo

Maybe not jail, but heavily fined. ;)

I will go to jail? :)

Yes, and really fast. What do you think this car is used for?

1686784934816.png

You guys really think anyone will be able to tell, let alone come after him for this? I say go for it.

Here's the thing about radio-regulation violations: you are very literally broadcasting your guilt.

Now, I've never seen any black government vans driving down my street checking for stray wifi emissions, and I'll bet they don't do that routinely in Italy either. However, if somebody near you complains of interference, there will probably be an investigation, and if so it won't be hard to find the culprit. What's at stake here is use of licensed spectrum (maybe unlicensed elsewhere, but not in Italy) which seems to me to make it more likely that the legitimate users of that spectrum will notice and complain.

Anyway, @Olndo Pindaro hasn't explained to us exactly what problem he needs to solve, so it's hard to make recommendations. But "violate local wifi regulations" would not be my first recommendation for anything.

Here's the thing about radio-regulation violations: you are very literally broadcasting your guilt.

Now, I've never seen any black government vans driving down my street checking for stray wifi emissions, and I'll bet they don't do that routinely in Italy either. However, if somebody near you complains of interference, there will probably be an investigation, and if so it won't be hard to find the culprit. What's at stake here is use of licensed spectrum (maybe unlicensed elsewhere, but not in Italy) which seems to me to make it more likely that the legitimate users of that spectrum will notice and complain.

Anyway, @Olndo Pindaro hasn't explained to us exactly what problem he needs to solve, so it's hard to make recommendations. But "violate local wifi regulations" would not be my first recommendation for anything.
I simply resolved buying a good Asus router for wifi

I simply resolved buying a good Asus router for wifi
Sure. Set it up according to local regulations, and see how well it works. If the results aren't satisfactory, we can talk about what to do next; but we'll need some details to offer useful advice. (How much space are you trying to cover, what are the interior walls made of, what wifi interference do you face from neighbors, that kind of thing.)

Sure. Set it up according to local regulations, and see how well it works. If the results aren't satisfactory, we can talk about what to do next; but we'll need some details to offer useful advice. (How much space are you trying to cover, what are the interior walls made of, what wifi interference do you face from neighbors, that kind of thing.)
Can position the router on top my (inactive) amplifier?

Not an expert, but I seem to recall that modern Italian homes have conduit in place for everything. So it's not uncommon to piggyback ethernet cables into phone line conduit, add/change the necessary sockets and then add Access points to deal with the common heavyweight construction.

I just bought an Asus RT-AX86s.

I live in italy where rules for electromagnetic emissions are very strictly. My idea is to setup a country where emission can be stronger than italy.

It's a wrong Idea?

Thank
Olindo
First try setting up wifi as per recommendations from this site. If you need more range use 2.4Ghz and set manually.

and many other suggestions here

@Olndo Pindaro are you alive? Please reply. I want to make sure you haven't been black bagged.

I haven't seen any Italian news of a man committing suicide with two gunshot wounds to the back of the head yet, but I just want to make sure you're okay.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!