What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I want to thank you guys for all the informations provided in this thread.
I am now able to get an A+ with my VPN connection!

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-11-14 alle 12.05.17.png
    Schermata 2020-11-14 alle 12.05.17.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Schermata 2020-11-14 alle 12.05.36.png
    Schermata 2020-11-14 alle 12.05.36.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 212
Has anyone tried this on 386 builds? I'm running alpha3 and installed it to try out but get "RTNETLINK answers: File exists" when starting cake-qos. I found the discussion earlier in this thread about this error but seems to be a different situation.

Has anyone tried this on 386 builds? I'm running alpha3 and installed it to try out but get "RTNETLINK answers: File exists" when starting cake-qos. I found the discussion earlier in this thread about this error but seems to be a different situation.
386 is still in alpha - unless you're willing/able to deal with the issues, stay with the current official release, either factory or Merlin. alphas are for devs and those who can mitigate issues. if you want to push and help experiment, wait for the betas.
I'm guessing by the time the alphas turn beta, cake will work fine if it isn't working now. til then, stay away unless you know what you're doing. I'd rather devs develop than support people trying to get out ahead...and I think that sentiment is growing.

I totally get the need to post these reminders, but my question was of the curious sort rather then seeking serious help. AdaptiveQOS isn't working at all for me on alpha3 but Traditional works as it should. I wanted to see what cake would do just to further the testing.

I totally get the need to post these reminders, but my question was of the curious sort rather then seeking serious help. AdaptiveQOS isn't working at all for me on alpha3 but Traditional works as it should. I wanted to see what cake would do just to further the testing.
<shrug> Try it and find out. Your router is (as I understand it) currently supported by cake. but if it doesn't work...
Again, you're running an alpha of the firmware for a fairly new model router. There are always issues with new code and new hardware. you can get cut being out on the bleeding edge is all I'm trying to reinforce. You can also win a jackpot, so again...<shrug>

thanks for the work on this. I see that the RT-AX58U is now supported and this is great.

You should know that there are 2 different routers that are the same. The RT-AX58U and RT-AX3000 - even the merlin firmware is the same for both models.

Can you please add RT-AX3000 to the supported list of routers and run the RT-AX58U scripts/config for this model?

would there be anyway with cake to add one client lan ip as priority, that always gets more bandwidth than the rest of connected clients, and the rest get best effort of whats left?

would there be anyway with cake to add one client lan ip as priority, that always gets more bandwidth than the rest of connected clients, and the rest get best effort of whats left?

This defeats the method that cake uses. If you have enough bandwidth for your real time applications there is no reason for this. If you don't have enough bandwidth, then you must chose your pain point using traditional QOS.

Morris

Well it's been awhile since I used Cake. Thinking of messing around with it again. What Download/Upload settings is everyone using now? I am on cable(docsis 3.1) internet.

Well it's been awhile since I used Cake. Thinking of messing around with it again. What Download/Upload settings is everyone using now? I am on cable(docsis 3.1) internet.

A good starting point for bandwidth is 95% of your measured speed. Use besteffort and ethernet. You don't need to match your line type as that over head is miniscule and thus insignificant. Test at https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest. Expect to get A+ for all. If you don't cut back on the percentage till you do. You can also tune to use more than 95%. Test on a quiet wan link.

Morris

@Morris Thanks for the info. I remember reading this thread a little while back. Wasn't using Cake at the time. However I remember people mentioning messing with RTT. Is that worth messing with from the default 100ms it's set to?

@Morris Thanks for the info. I remember reading this thread a little while back. Wasn't using Cake at the time. However I remember people mentioning messing with RTT. Is that worth messing with from the default 100ms it's set to?

I don't think it will matter for a link with Mb speeds or greater.

@Morris Okay thanks. My speeds are 1000mbps down, 30mbps up. I just have download set at 0, as I won't hit my max with Cake on that side, and have my upload set at 26mbps. Also I set my download settings to docsis, as I think that's recommended for my connection. I know you mentioned ethernet.

Looking at my logs, Cake seems to be restarting every 30 minutes. Is that normal?

Also: Just updated to 1.0.5 for the ax3000.

It is not normal, but may be affected by other programs re-starting or caused by using something like spdMerlin, which may be stopping Cake when running its 1/2 hourly speed tests. You may want to check in the syslog for anything else that is showing the same periodicity.

Releases/Changelog

• RT-AX3000 support
-- Updated on Page 1. Thanks to @jata and @Adamm

I went to install and got this message:

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin: Cake isn't yet compatible with ASUS RT-AX3000, keep watching our thread!

This is the command I ran:
Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/master/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs/addons/cake-qo
s/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install