What's new

CakeQOS CakeQOS-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I went to install and got this message:

Code:
CakeQOS-Merlin: Cake isn't yet compatible with ASUS RT-AX3000, keep watching our thread!

This is the command I ran:
Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/master/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs/addons/cake-qo
s/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install
There’s a || instead of && in the check for AX3000.

Edit: now it’s fixed by Adamm.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I am happy to report that, after passing the upload and download option of docsis, I am getting great bufferbloat test results at dslreports and waveform.

I also went with besteffort and everything seems to be good even under heavy load.

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but does this support the Asus rt-ac2900? It should be the same hardware as rt-ac86u.

This might be a dumb question, but does this support the Asus rt-ac2900? It should be the same hardware as rt-ac86u.

when working to get AX3000 added, the first step is to see what the following command returns from SSH/Shell

Code:
[ -z "$(nvram get odmpid)" ] && model="$(nvram get productid)" || model="$(nvram get odmpid)"
echo "$model"

currently the model names supported by the script are:

• RT-AC86U
  • RT-AX88U
  • RT-AX56U, RT-AX58U and RT-AX3000

Hi Folks, I have been doing some testing of cake-qos on my AX3000 and something is not right....

I have a 50/20 VDSL (NBN in Oz) connection. Have set cake to 45/16 with bridged-ptm as the only additional setting

Speed test on DSL Reports reports speeds are 55/19 with crazy high buffer bloat (D/E result). These results are exactly the same if cake is started or stopped so it looks like cake-qos is not being used at all.

Below are the settings:

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Download Status:
qdisc cake 8004: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 45Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat wash ingress no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms ptm overhead 22 no-sce

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Upload Status:
qdisc cake 8003: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 16Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat nowash no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms ptm overhead 22 no-sce

Any help appreciated...

Hi Folks, I have been doing some testing of cake-qos on my AX3000 and something is not right....

I have a 50/20 VDSL (NBN in Oz) connection. Have set cake to 45/16 with bridged-ptm as the only additional setting

Speed test on DSL Reports reports speeds are 55/19 with crazy high buffer bloat (D/E result). These results are exactly the same if cake is started or stopped so it looks like cake-qos is not being used at all.

Below are the settings:

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Download Status:
qdisc cake 8004: dev ifb9eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 45Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat wash ingress no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms ptm overhead 22 no-sce

CakeQOS-Merlin: > Upload Status:
qdisc cake 8003: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 16Mbit besteffort triple-isolate nat nowash no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 100.0ms ptm overhead 22 no-sce

Any help appreciated...
Is your WAN interface eth0 or eth4?

@dave14305 is their a simple command to run to see what my WAN interface is?
Assuming no dual-WAN, you can run nvram get wan0_ifname

Edit: in Merlin, he has special accommodations for the AX58U wan interface as eth4. I ran into this in FlexQoS as well after seeing Merlin’s commit.

Last edited:
Assuming no dual-WAN, you can run nvram get wan0_ifname

Edit: in Merlin, he has special accommodations for the AX58U wan interface as eth4. I ran into this in FlexQoS as well after seeing Merlin’s commit.
I see. Thanks.

This might explain why flexQOS is working on my AX3000 but not cake.

Can anyone confirm if cake is working on AX58U as this is likely to have the same issue as AX3000

A script update will be needed to properly support the AX58U/AX3000. But it should be straightforward. You can try a search and replace eth0 to eth4 in your local script copy as a temporary workaround.

A script update will be needed to properly support the AX58U/AX3000. But it should be straightforward. You can try a search and replace eth0 to eth4 in your local script copy as a temporary workaround.
good idea. will try this now...

This discussion helped me as well. I made the changes and all good so far!

quick question on editing the script...

do I need to change ifb9eth0 to ifb9eth4 (or just eth0 to eth4)

quick question on editing the script...

do I need to change ifb9eth0 to ifb9eth4 (or just eth0 to eth4)
It would probably be good to change all occurrences since they are related to each other.

I don't mean to be the guy who's late to the party and question everything that's been done until now, but I wonder why no one has taken the simpler route of adding cake on the br0 interface to handle download traffic. It seems to work for me.
Bash:
/opt/sbin/tc qdisc add dev br0 root cake bandwidth 320Mbit nat wash ingress besteffort
Seems a bit easier than the ifb9eth0 method, but I don't know if there's something hokey about using br0 in this case. I get that this probably came from the bufferbloat.net site originally, but maybe OpenWRT/Cero had limitations that ASUSWRT-Merlin does not?

Reference from the mailing list:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!