What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.2 - the Router Ad-Blocker, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It happened to me right now on RT-AX68U: error hostslist empty or not found ...

Some extra info ... the only obvious things I can recall right now was that WAN IPs changed several times, many reconnects, limited connectivity (modem link but no WAN), and the whole router was turned on idling without WAN or any DHCP clients for days (so it had a period of like no DNS activity of any kind)

Last edited:
It happened to me right now on RT-AX68U: error hostslist empty or not found ...

Any extra info ... the only obvious things I can recall right now was that WAN IPs changed several times, many reconnects, limited connectivity (modem link but no WAN), and the whole router was turned on idling without WAN or any DHCP clients for days (so it had a period of like no DNS activity of any kind)
Is Diversion updated to 5.1.2? Check the Update-blocking-list.log with sf in the SSH UI.

Well, it finally happened - I met a forum member and user of my scripts in real life here in my hometown Lucerne, Switzerland. @visortgw is in town for two days with his charming wife and friends for a trip across part of Europe. Thank you for dinner, I enjoyed the in person exchange after so many years of collaboration and discussions on this board.
You were in good company! :cool:

My usual luck is in play today.

Just updated firmware and got my router configured. Installed all of the scripts and lastly tried to install Diversion only to get error message that it cant download the Standard blocking list and for dnsmasq to fail to start.

I gotta reset my router again because its so unresponsive. What do with Diversion installation because I cant go manually change the blocking list? Too bad I didnt screenshot what goes wrong during it trying to download the Standard blocking list.

My usual luck is in play today.

Just updated firmware and got my router configured. Installed all of the scripts and lastly tried to install Diversion only to get error message that it cant download the Standard blocking list and for dnsmasq to fail to start.

I gotta reset my router again because its so unresponsive. What do with Diversion installation because I cant go manually change the blocking list? Too bad I didnt screenshot what goes wrong during it trying to download the Standard blocking list.
Just had to rebuild from scratch after updating Merlin, and I have to say I had no issues installing Diversion with the Standard list. I've switched to the Large list now though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!