What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.2 - the Router Ad-Blocker, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s the pgl.yoyo link. Look at the URL I corrected with the last (version change-less) update in the Minimal and Small lists.
In fact, had you run a Diversion update with the wrong link, it would have - or will autocorrect it and run a blockinglist update. All by itself. You are welcome.

It’s the pgl.yoyo link. Look at the URL I corrected with the last (version change-less) update in the Minimal and Small lists.
In fact, had you run a Diversion update with the wrong link, it would have - or will autocorrect it and run a blockinglist update. All by itself. You are welcome.
Thanks for the time to review. In some added play time, I can also confirm it's the pgl.yoyo link. Another day/week of learning, BACKUPMON is my Routers new friend. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the time to review. In some added play time, I can also confirm it's the pgl.yoyo link. Another day/week of learning, BACKUPMON is my Routers new friend. Thanks everyone!
If I ever make it again to your part of the world to re-visit the places and friends I made there while living down under - I‘ll make sure to cross the Tasman Sea.
We‘ll get to the bottom of your grievances at your local watering hole and be merry.

If I ever make it again to your part of the world to re-visit the places and friends I made there while living down under - I‘ll make sure to cross the Tasman Sea.
We‘ll get to the bottom of your grievances at your local watering hole and be merry.
It really is worth the trip. Just spent two weeks on NZ's South Island before returning to Oz and loved every minute of it. Incredibly beautiful country.

I thought @nzwayne lived in Canada now? :)
He does in fact live in Canada (now), at least according to his profile.
Always thought of sheep herds, Kiwis and their peculiar dialect when I see his handle. Maybe @nzwayne can clear up the confusion.

Always thought of sheep herds, Kiwis and their peculiar dialect when I see his handle
Nothing wrong with the dialect and as for the sheep, bring your own one, ours are all taken :) .

I thought @nzwayne lived in Canada now? :)
Yeah reside in Canada now, passport holder of NZ & Canada. Most family & daughter in NZ, frequent visitor to back NZ. Many more mainframes & high-end storage products in Canada, why I'm in Toronto area. Off to NZ & Aus in 3wks (yippee), not that the Toronto winter has been much to talk about this year.

FYI, as suggested by @alan6854321 and briefly discussed here, I will now strictly follow the most used versioning system, with the major.minor.patch numbering system for both amtm and Diversion.

As a compromise to my previous habit, for Patch releases I will only post the reason in this thread, just as I did before with the "minor update, no version change" scheme. I will also change my signature with the new version number.

For all Major or Minor releases I continue to do the following:

Great work, only issue I ran into was processing whitelists in the diversion interface, sed seems to take about the same length of time (15-20 minutes) it takes to complete a full update of my 43 block lists.

For reference, my resulting block list is 1.260m.

Another issue, after updating blocklists, dnsmasq restarts 3 times before actually staying active.

Last edited:
api.db-ip.com used by skynet is not being white listed... despite the fact it is listed in the whitelist.

1707637641903.jpeg

Oddly, editing the blockinglist.conf and blacklist.conf file and searching for api.db-ip.com returns no results

Last edited:
api.db-ip.com used by skynet is not being white listed... despite the fact it is listed in the whitelist.

View attachment 56380
I know and am sorely aware of these issues.
Look out for an update to come out soon.

Oddly, editing the blockinglist.conf and blacklist.conf file and searching for api.db-ip.com returns no results.
Look for ip.com or db-ip.com

Found local=/db-ip.com/ so this is wildcard, I seeeeeee
All blacklist and blocking list entries are wildcard now.
Do not edit the respective *.conf file in the /opt/share/diversion/list directory. Only edit the blacklist file.
All *.conf files there are auto-generated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!