What's new

DSL-AC68U Download Master not working with Usb Hub.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ahmet

New Around Here
Hi;

I have a DSL-AC68U. My drives and sticks work without a problem when connected to the router through my usb hub(Smb,Ftp,Dlna etc all working). However, download master does not work.I see the GUI page but it does not accept or download any file. It doesn't even show my incomplete downloads. When I connect one of my hard drives directly to the router, it just keeps on downloading where it left and works flawlesly. I checked some permissions with putty but I don't much about linux. To sum up;

Hdd connected to the router directly==> Download master works flawlesly.
Hdd conneced to Usb Hub==> Download master does not work. It doesnt even show my ongoing downloads.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a new update today. go through your router and under USB applications there is an update there. Since the last firmware release some ports which could have been reached from the WAN side is failing so if the update don't work for you then you would have to go to the firewall settings and under general enable Ping from WAN request.

Or simply input your lan side settings into download manager

enjoy

I can reach downloadmaster's web page just fine both through lan or wan. This problem has something to do with how the router mounts usb hdds when they are connected through usb hub. Because when usb hdds are connected to the router through usb hub, downloadmaster does not work(I can reach the downloadmaster's webpage just fine; it just does not accept torrent or magnet links thus does not download anything). In my opinion; it has something to with the usbfs file system permissions. However, I haven't been able to find any solution yet.

No, I am sorry. The problem persists. Only solution is to connect the usb hdd directly to the router without a usb hub, which reduces the functionality.

Are you using 3.0 port? USB 3.0 is not hub friendly in any way, at least with the latest Asus routers like yours.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Since it's Dsl-ac68u; not Rt-ac68u, it has only one usb port; which is Usb 3.0 port. I still can't use download master; however it is not a big deal anymore for me thanks to kodi :)

Same problem!!do you find any solution?at home I've just usb2.0 hub. Have you tried with 3.0 type??it's a shame that I can't use USB hub!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!