What's new

DSL-N17U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

breitband

New Around Here
Hello,

Currently there is no OpenWRT or AsusWRT firmware for Asus DSL-N17U, therefore owners of the DSL-N17U have to deal with the stock firmware.

I searched for quite awhile on the web and here in the forum but was unable to find related information, therefore i ask here:

There is no /jffs/ directory. It has a other name on the DSL-N17U?

Are there any files (.sh or so) which will be executed periodically so that it is possible to run a custom script? BTW: I know about the hack with usb_mount, but searching for other possibility's.

Thank you very much :)

Currently there is no OpenWRT or AsusWRT firmware for Asus DSL-N17U, therefore owners of the DSL-N17U have to deal with the stock firmware.

No great surprise, that router went on the end of life list long ago.

No great surprise, that router went on the end of life list long ago.
Hey Andrei,

Thanks for the reply :)!

Yepp, unfortunately. I hate throwing away working hardware so searching for workarounds.

BTW: Highly appreciated if anibody has a hint which script (e.g. an .sh) will be executed periodically by the router or after USB Mount.

Please don't feel bad about throwing it away; it's not working hardware.

EOL means it has no further support, including security updates. This is no longer safe to use in a network you value.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!