What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.11 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.11 is now available for AC models.

Code:
386.11 (14-May-2023)
  - UPDATED: curl to 8.0.1.
  - UPDATED: openvpn to 2.6.3.
  - CHANGED: Reduce max OpenVPN clients to 2 for RT-AC68U and
             DSL-AC68U due to lack of NVRAM on these two
             models.  Note that existing settings are not
             automatically removed, you must run the following
             command over SSH to remove them from nvram and
             the /jffs/openvpn/ directory:

clear_vpnclients.sh

A backup will be saved in /jffs/openvpn_backup.tgz.

- FIXED: DDNS was being refreshed every time IPv6 bound6() event
           occured even if IPv6 DDNS update was disabled.
  - FIXED: Wireless Log wouldn't properly show IPv6 address
           for clients with multiple addresses.
  - FIXED: dnsmasq may crash if no DNS server is configured
           (fix backported from dnsmasq upstream)

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Reserved post.

and I was just looking at my uptime under 386.10 for my AC86...
starting over shortly lol. thanks @RMerlin

Where is the clear_vpnclients.sh script? It's not in the /jffs/openvpn directory.

1684088223205.png

Dirty update on AC68U from 386.9. Script executed. Went very smooth. 59.165 bytes NVRAM available after script. Thanks Merlin.

should i clear it also for the RT-AC5300?

Stupid question time... (Partially for me and partially to pre-empt others in the thread!)

Is it a correct statement that this does not fix the networkmap memory issue because it is closed source and requires a new GPL as 388.2 had?

After going from 386.10_a1 to 386.11, I'm getting the following new entries in the log file:

Code:
May 14 19:34:58 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1
May 14 19:34:58 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status f80000e0
May 14 19:41:12 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x4
May 14 19:41:12 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status c80000e0

Seems that this may be related to USB devices, of which I have several connected to the router.

Script executed. Went very smooth. 59.165 bytes NVRAM available after script. Thanks Merlin.

Yes! After running the command

Code:
clear_vpnclients.sh

my NVRAM situation is much better now: 60097 / 65536 bytes.

Great! Thanks Merlin!

After going from 386.10_a1 to 386.11, I'm getting the following new entries in the log file:

Code:
May 14 19:34:58 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1
May 14 19:34:58 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status f80000e0
May 14 19:41:12 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x4
May 14 19:41:12 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status c80000e0

Seems that this may be related to USB devices, of which I have several connected to the router.
Actually, it's the flash/nand chip in your device. Rare log entries like this are generally OK but may indicate your chip is wearing out, getting too hot or is overclocked.

I've also seen these error messages on stock firmware, they usually appear when copying large files to the attached USB drive via Samba. Nothing to worry about, looks like firmware does not like prolonged periods of I/O activity.

Many thanks to Merlin for keeping my RT-AC88U up to date. It appears that Asus has decided to ignore this old workhorse - last firmware was March of 2022.

Actually, it's the flash/nand chip in your device. Rare log entries like this are generally OK but may indicate your chip is wearing out, getting too hot or is overclocked.

Never had these before the firmware update, and I have a fan on the router. CPU temperature is 58C. But I have spare AC86Us ready to go if needed.

I've also seen these error messages on stock firmware, they usually appear when copying large files to the attached USB drive via Samba. Nothing to worry about, looks like firmware does not like prolonged periods of I/O activity.

I suspect its something like this. The router serves as a NAS for my cameras. Three SSDs connected via USB, and I have AMTM setup to scan the drives at boot which is when these messages occur.

I just tried to update my RT-AC68U to the most recent version RT-AC68U_386.11_0. It tells me to please wait until it restarts and is still Current Version : 386.10. I have tried from a couple different browsers without luck. Any thoughts?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!