What's new

External WAN Access via Port Forwarding After Installing Diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lokester

Occasional Visitor
Not sure this is a Diversion issue as I have disabled Diversion and problem still exists, but maybe more of a router setting change that Diversion made during installation.

Asus RT-AC88U with latest Merlin build.
Had been running Pi-Hole on RPi but chose to move to Diversion.
Installed Diversion via AMTM. Removed PiHole on RPi.
Have my own DDNS which is validated via DDNS Client settings on router. No issues. (ie. my.DDNS.com)
Running a Mosquitto broker on RPi, local port 1111
Have Port Forwarding set for External Port 5555 directed to Mosquitto Broker IP and internal Port 1111
Have a Mosquitto Client App on cell phone configured to access: my.DDNS.com:5555

Prior to change, my phone app had access to the Broker when away from my house as well as when at home with cell phone connected to WiFi. Now, my phone App works only when connected via Wifi. Looking at Mosquitto log, there is no sign of any type of connection attempt, so not sure my request is getting past the router. Looking at Diversion logs, not seeing where it is blocking anything. I even disabled diversion - no change.

One thing I noticed is that the installation of Diversion has pretty much left my DNS settings on WAN and LAN/DHCP pretty much empty. I assumed this was "normal" as when I run IPCONFIG on my PC, it shows DNS Server as the Router IP.

What am I missing?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!