What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I thought you were tinkering in that field an expected a clarifying replay...
No problem, I'll figure it out.
One thing that did jump out....I changed the ping test to require two successive fails before initiating a fo (it's testing with a single ping and we had at least 1 case where we saw a false positive)

One thing that did jump out....I changed the ping test to require two successive fails before initiating a fo (it's testing with a single ping and we had at least 1 case where we saw a false positive)
I see.
To verify the dual-wan-helper script I have a check script that reads out the settings.
For fun I added the WAN switching to it, disabled the failovers and failback and had it run the function.
Not surprisingly, it worked better than Asus's code, with about 120 lines of shell script.

I might built this into the helper code and completely do the dual WAN functionality if further testing is successful.

It says that the support for AC66U is only for the original MIPS rev, My AC66U is rev A2, is that supported by this fork as well?

And since my AC66u is currently on F/W 3.0.0.4.374_130, it means that i can simply use the default webfirmware page to update using the trx right?
3.0.0.4.374_130 Wow! That's so old it isn't even listed on Asus' website anymore. But yes, you can use the GUI. You'll need to perform a factory default reset after loading the firmware and then manually configure your settings.

@ColinTaylor - Thanks (as always) for helping out.
I've been busy all morning working on the AC66U_B1 (pretty sure I found where they hid the 'customizations' for that particular model :) )

@ColinTaylor

Thanks so much for the help! Just one last thing, for the transmission power setting, it says there's a maximum value of 200mW, is there any reason why I shouldn't use 200mW especially when some parts of my house is getting a weaker signal strength?

@ColinTaylor - Thanks (as always) for helping out.
I've been busy all morning working on the AC66U_B1 (pretty sure I found where they hid the 'customizations' for that particular model :) )
No problem. Always happy to answer the simple questions so you have more time to concentrate on the difficult stuff, like hidden 'customizations'.:D

Thanks so much for the help! Just one last thing, for the transmission power setting, it says there's a maximum value of 200mW, is there any reason why I shouldn't use 200mW especially when some parts of my house is getting a weaker signal strength?
No reason not to that I can think of. I have mine set at 200mW. Of course 5GHz has less range anyway compared to 2.4GHz. So my 2.4GHz @ 80mW has a larger range than my 5GHz @ 200mW.

No reason not to that I can think of. I have mine set at 200mW. Of course 5GHz has less range anyway compared to 2.4GHz. So my 2.4GHz @ 80mW has a larger range than my 5GHz @ 200mW.
Too much can also be bad.....there have been cases where increasing the power levels have caused 'glitches' when streaming when the router and client were in close proximity. But in most cases, the router will negotiate the 'best' power output up to the either the limit you set or the regulatory limit.

Thx John! V26E4 running.

Only the "System Log -> Port Forwarding" tab looks a bit funny.
The top header seems to be gone on that page. (Chrome and IE11 tested.)

Thx John! V26E4 running.

Only the "System Log -> Port Forwarding" tab looks a bit funny.
The top header seems to be gone on that page. (Chrome and IE11 tested.)
Just checked Chrome (Linux) and IE11 (Win7) and looks fine for me (checked both http and https)....Do you see an error if you open the browser console?

You might try flushing the browser cache....

On my RT-N66U it's consistent in all browsers I tested.
Top header is gone.
Only thing I can do is click on the browsers back button to get out of this page.

Did you check on a RT-N66U?

Attachments

• Port Forwarding - IE11.jpg
    Port Forwarding - IE11.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Port Forwarding - Edge.jpg
    Port Forwarding - Edge.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Port Forwarding - Chrome.png
    Port Forwarding - Chrome.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 456
Did you check on a RT-N66U?
That code is pretty much router agnostic....but I hooked up my N66 to double check. Still works fine (Chrome 60.0.3112.101)

Double check you don't have any special characters in your port forward names.

Attachments

• N66_Chrome.png
    N66_Chrome.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 326
Yep! I used a space in the description name. :rolleyes:
Not sure if this space was a problem with the previous firmware.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer! Fixed it.

In your screenshot I see the description is also shown.
Somehow I always see N/A.

Attachments

• Port Forward Log.jpg
    Port Forward Log.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Port Forward.jpg
    Port Forward.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 581
Yep! I used a space in the description name.

Hmmm....spaces shouldn't cause a problem. I have them on my primary system.

On the no description, I'll take a look at that. I may be using the local port as the key to look up the name. I maybe should use the port range.

Attachments

• PortForwardSpaces.PNG
    PortForwardSpaces.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 462
same here on the AC66U 26E4. When I access that page, it auto logs out too.

When I used the browser back button I also needed to login again.

Try to fix it by removing your port forward rule(s), then save, then add them back again and save.
Does that fix it for you?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!