What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just a quick note to all....
I'm not trying to ignore recent posts, but my father passed away this weekend and as you can imagine things are very hectic. I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

I am so sorry to hear about your father @john9527. My sincere and deepest condolences go to you and your family. I really envy your strength to post and assist the forums in times like these. This community will be here to support you in any way we can.

Marin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I've just upgraded an AC56 from 33E7 to 34E4, and did a full factory reset as I wanted to start from a clean state. My problem is that 5G channels are only listed up till 48. I have Auto / 36 / 40 / 44 / 48 offered only. Why is this? I'd like to use channels 136, etc.

Hi, I've just upgraded an AC56 from 33E7 to 34E4, and did a full factory reset as I wanted to start from a clean state. My problem is that 5G channels are only listed up till 48. I have Auto / 36 / 40 / 44 / 48 offered only. Why is this? I'd like to use channels 136, etc.

Just to confirm, it is the same behaviour with 33E7 as well. I also know that it's called DFS channels now, and I'd simply like to know why is it not enabled in AC56.

While modifying my stubby.yml config file, I came across a thread on the Stubby web site where John was troubleshooting Stubby for MIPS routers. It was a wow moment. John is amazingly dedicated to this project as well as being very smart. THANK YOU!

If your router is an EU model you need to do this:
Code:
nvram set wl_dfs_enable=1
nvram commit && reboot

Due to unprecedented uptime by resisting the urge to tinker, reflash, reboot, etc., I noticed that my /jffs/syslog.log has gotten out of sync with the /tmp/syslog.log file. It looks like the /tmp/syslog.log rotated and is now smaller than the /jffs/syslog.log file, so watchdog never considers it eligible to copy to jffs.

diff says /jffs/syslog.log is identical to /tmp/syslog.log-1. /jffs/syslog.log-1 is dated Mar 20, but the latest content is really from Feb 5 (before I flashed back to the fork for the final time).
Code:
# ls -l /tmp/syslog* /jffs/syslog*
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        262146 Mar 20 14:41 /jffs/syslog.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        248145 Mar 20 14:41 /jffs/syslog.log-1
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root         42928 Mar 26 13:05 /tmp/syslog.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        262146 Mar 20 14:41 /tmp/syslog.log-1
Code:
# tail -1 /jffs/syslog.log | awk ' { print $1, $2, $3, $4 } '
Mar 20 14:41:38 dnsmasq-dhcp[638]:
# head -1 /tmp/syslog.log | awk ' { print $1, $2, $3, $4 } '
Mar 20 14:42:20 dnsmasq-dhcp[638]:

I will sync them manually but just throwing this out there as a potential bug. Hopefully a softball when @john9527 rejoins us.

Due to unprecedented uptime by resisting the urge to tinker, reflash, reboot, etc., I noticed that my /jffs/syslog.log has gotten out of sync with the /tmp/syslog.log file. It looks like the /tmp/syslog.log rotated and is now smaller than the /jffs/syslog.log file, so watchdog never considers it eligible to copy to jffs.

diff says /jffs/syslog.log is identical to /tmp/syslog.log-1. /jffs/syslog.log-1 is dated Mar 20, but the latest content is really from Feb 5 (before I flashed back to the fork for the final time).
Code:
# ls -l /tmp/syslog* /jffs/syslog*
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        262146 Mar 20 14:41 /jffs/syslog.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        248145 Mar 20 14:41 /jffs/syslog.log-1
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root         42928 Mar 26 13:05 /tmp/syslog.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin root        262146 Mar 20 14:41 /tmp/syslog.log-1
Code:
# tail -1 /jffs/syslog.log | awk ' { print $1, $2, $3, $4 } '
Mar 20 14:41:38 dnsmasq-dhcp[638]:
# head -1 /tmp/syslog.log | awk ' { print $1, $2, $3, $4 } '
Mar 20 14:42:20 dnsmasq-dhcp[638]:

I will sync them manually but just throwing this out there as a potential bug. Hopefully a softball when @john9527 rejoins us.
I see that when when Merlin merged GPL 380_2345 into his codebase it added an additional check for a difference in mtime. Maybe that will solve it.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...b3bffe/release/src/router/rc/watchdog.c#L2414
Code:
        if ( tmp_log_stat.st_size > jffs_log_stat.st_size ||
             difftime(tmp_log_stat.st_mtime, jffs_log_stat.st_mtime) > 0)
            eval("cp", "/tmp/syslog.log", "/tmp/syslog.log-1", "/jffs");

Hey guys, my current AC68U is on a super old version of Merlin's fork, 380.65, never upgraded since then as i maxed out the TX Power level.
I'm getting relative frequent disconnections nowadays on my 5ghz network, causing my phone to auto-connect to the 2.4ghz network.
Thinking of wiping the router and flashing the latest "L" build from here.
Any advice on how i should go about the process? Really dont wanna mess things up.

Hey guys, my current AC68U is on a super old version of Merlin's fork, 380.65, never upgraded since then as i maxed out the TX Power level.
I'm getting relative frequent disconnections nowadays on my 5ghz network, causing my phone to auto-connect to the 2.4ghz network.
Thinking of wiping the router and flashing the latest "L" build from here.
Any advice on how i should go about the process? Really dont wanna mess things up.

See the first post 'Installation notes' section. ;)

After successfully installing john9527's LTS release, I would also perform a full M&M Config afterward. That would include doing a WPS erase, a format jffs on next reboot (followed by 3 reboots in the next 15 minutes or so, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots) and then a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Following the above successfully, you should now have a stable router in a good/known state. :)

Please see the links below in my signature for further details.

See the first post 'Installation notes' section. ;)

After successfully installing john9527's LTS release, I would also perform a full M&M Config afterward. That would include doing a WPS erase, a format jffs on next reboot (followed by 3 reboots in the next 15 minutes or so, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots) and then a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Following the above successfully, you should now have a stable router in a good/known state. :)

Please see the links below in my signature for further details.

Jesus, that's tedious, hahaha.
But, i'll give it a try.

Does anyone have any router recommendations similar to the AC68U with a TX Power of about 200?
My house has many brick walls which so far the AC68U has served me tremendously well, bypassing 4 walls into my toilet at the opposite corner of my house where the router is placed.
Not able to switch to mesh solutions due to a lack of power outlets at key points in the house.

Jesus, that's tedious, hahaha.
But, i'll give it a try.

Does anyone have any router recommendations similar to the AC68U with a TX Power of about 200?
My house has many brick walls which so far the AC68U has served me tremendously well, bypassing 4 walls into my toilet at the opposite corner of my house where the router is placed.
Not able to switch to mesh solutions due to a lack of power outlets at key points in the house.

No, not tedious, just thorough. :)

There is no current router that will go to '200'. But if I had to pick one; the RT-AC86U is the one I would be testing in your environment (with RMerlin firmware and an M&M Config, of course).

No, not tedious, just thorough. :)

There is no current router that will go to '200'. But if I had to pick one; the RT-AC86U is the one I would be testing in your environment (with RMerlin firmware and an M&M Config, of course).

Yeah I guess thorough would be a better choice of words. Haha.
Is the 86 better than 68 in terms of power output though? I might be thinking of getting another 68 and messing with it. Pity I can't find a certain user who ends with mes firmware anywhere on the internet.
Should have kept a copy.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess thorough would be a better choice of words. Haha.
Is the 86 better than 68 in terms of power output though? I might be thinking of getting another 68 and messing with it. Pity I can't find a certain user who ends with mes firmware anywhere on the internet.
Should have kept a copy.

Look in my signature for a link on the some of the performance details on the RT-AC3100. That was my previous, go-to router. It was eclipsed by the RT-AC86U (easily).

The RT-AC68U is so far in the rear-view mirror, I can barely remember what it looks like. :)

Seriously, I really can't compare the power output of an RT-AC68U running such antiquated firmware to the 384.10 firmware the RT-AC86U is running now. That, you'll have to test yourself. ;)

Look in my signature for a link on the some of the performance details on the RT-AC3100. That was my previous, go-to router. It was eclipsed by the RT-AC86U (easily).

The RT-AC68U is so far in the rear-view mirror, I can barely remember what it looks like. :)

Seriously, I really can't compare the power output of an RT-AC68U running such antiquated firmware to the 384.10 firmware the RT-AC86U is running now. That, you'll have to test yourself. ;)

i LOL-ed on the part on what ac68u looks like.
Okay, will take a look for affordable AC3100's or 86U's, Thanks!

i LOL-ed on the part on what ac68u looks like.
Okay, will take a look for affordable AC3100's or 86U's, Thanks!

Curious on the deals you will find, but the RT-AC86U is significantly less expensive than the much older RT-AC3100 right now (watch for deals). :)

Just a quick note to all....
I'm not trying to ignore recent posts, but my father passed away this weekend and as you can imagine things are very hectic. I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Stay strong John! May his soul rest in peace!

Is the 86 better than 68 in terms of power output though?
Power output is limited to whatever the local regulations allow. Unlike some of the older models this is not modifiable anymore. That said, the newer routers seem to perform a lot better using the same power.

Hi Guys,
Looking to update my n66u from V37e to V38e. Normally I would just do it but I've been reading and something about GitHub code base and November last year and local repo.
I have zero understanding of that, what on earth is local repo?
Codebase?
Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks Bob.

Hi Guys,
Looking to update my n66u from V37e to V38e. Normally I would just do it but I've been reading and something about GitHub code base and November last year and local repo.
I have zero understanding of that, what on earth is local repo?
Codebase?
Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks Bob.

'Just do it' download link is given at the top of the OP - http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!