What's new

GT-AX11000 ... The wifi interface has reached its maximum.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davekstl

Regular Contributor
I have a new GT-AX11000 Pro and an older GT-AX11000. I started creating networks using Guest Network Pro. I am using the GT-AX11000 in a mesh and connecting using an ethernet cable connected for the backhaul. I have the Backhaul Connection Priority set to AUTO.
The first network set up fine. Subsequent networks show the GT-AX11000 AliMesh Mode with a message: The wifi interface has reached its maximum. (2.4GHz / 5 GHz)
Is there a maximum number of networks this configuration will handle? Do I have a setting wrong? Is my expectation of this configuration wrong?
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• 2024-01-11_16-21-37.jpg
    2024-01-11_16-21-37.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Is that trying to use the same band as another vlan active on the node? I can setup a vlan for each band individually on the node, but apparently not more than once. So it appears we only currently get one guest ssid per band on aimesh nodes. I suspect the same behavior in AP mode. My node is an AX92U, with 3.0.0.6.102_33308 on the 88UP.

I was about to ask and I am hoping you can clarify the Guest Networks.
The specs for the Asus router and nodes I am using say: Maximum Guest Network Rule : 2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz-1 x 3, 5 GHz-2 x 3
Asus also suggests to set up no more than 5 nodes (including the main router and other mesh nodes) in an AiMesh system
My system has a GT-AX-11000 Pro as the Router and as nodes (1) GT-AX11000, (2) ZenWiFi AX (XT)s for a total of 4 nodes.
On the Main Network, I am using 2.4 and 5ghz, on Guest 1 2.4 GHz, and on Guest 2 2.4 and 5.GHz
I cannot get the signals to push to the mesh nodes.
Do I have false expectations?

I have a new GT-AX11000 Pro and an older GT-AX11000. I started creating networks using Guest Network Pro. I am using the GT-AX11000 in a mesh and connecting using an ethernet cable connected for the backhaul. I have the Backhaul Connection Priority set to AUTO.
The first network set up fine. Subsequent networks show the GT-AX11000 AliMesh Mode with a message: The wifi interface has reached its maximum. (2.4GHz / 5 GHz)
Is there a maximum number of networks this configuration will handle? Do I have a setting wrong? Is my expectation of this configuration wrong?
Thanks
Dave

View attachment 55406
Please edit your pictures. Your Mac address is wide open, just saying. One little mistake will ruin everything.

I didn't want it visible in any case.
But to the point. Can anyone shed any light on my confusion with Guest Networks?

I was about to ask and I am hoping you can clarify the Guest Networks.
The specs for the Asus router and nodes I am using say: Maximum Guest Network Rule : 2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz-1 x 3, 5 GHz-2 x 3

That suggests more should be possible. I have a ticket in to sort this out.
Same on the 88UP
Maximum Guest Network Rule : 2.4GHz x3, 5GHz x3

Maybe we are forced to split the vlans based on their goofy vlan types, my lans have the wrench icon as I created them all from the profile LAN/VLANS tab.

Last edited:
Tried to work around it with different vlan (asus) types, still no joy.

I suspect we only get one vlan per band on nodes that don't have firmware supporting vlans.

I have the firmware (supposedly) that supports vlan, for the Ausu GT-AX11000 Pro. But it is from March 2023. and Beta. It does not offer love.

I'm finally getting a handle on the vlans with GNP, which seem to be working well, sans the limited number guest SSIDs on the node.

I reset the ax92u node to factory before going through the aimesh assignment, which took a couple tries before it succeed. I'd suggest you get that going first, without any guests. I followed the guidance here and other sites to set the backhaul to prioritize the wired connection. Once that was working I added the guest vlans, not on the GNP tab, but on the LAN/VLAN/Profile tabs. I then went to GNP to configure them. I suspect this isn't necessary, but seemed more flexible.

1705958962859.png

1705959091297.png
x x x x x x
1705959127440.png

With regard to the GNP vlans, the top two are functioning on the aimesh node. I'd like to add the WorkSS ssid as well, but still waiting to hear from support if that's ever going to be possible.

An interesting side note is that the backhaul is getting to a detached building by passing through two managed switches. I was surprised to see that the 200 vlan (for camera isolation) was picked up on the ax88up by tagging it onto the backhaul line, after of course likewise creating the same vlan ID on the router.

Last edited:
Where did you get the Firmware? My version which I realize is a different product is from March 2023. Anything newer does not include Guest Network pro.

Did you start and reset all of the nodes including the router?
Look up the process for your router, it was holding the WPS button down while powering on, until the lights went out, for the ax92u. Then do the mesh paring wireless by placing the node close to the main router.

I was playing around a lot, so I went through this several times. I recall it initially failed to pair on the first attempts, but succeeded when immediately tried again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!