What's new

New router(Asus rt-ac68w) wont give me full speeds when connected via LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

greeknasty

New Around Here
Hey guys so far i love this router (on latest firmware no custom..yet..) but i noticed my speeds when downloading went from 60mb/s down to 20-30 mb/s on my computer that is connected via ethernet cord. ive tried my best to go through settings to find out culprit but cannot. The speeds were 60 before i hooked up the router and ever since then ive lost quite a bit of speed.
QoS is off.
Ive rebooted everything
Speedtest.net is showing the same speeds as before but i take this with a grain of salt because the only true tests are real downloads
any suggestions?

for what its worth on wifi im downloading fine 60mb/s. but connected directly to the router via ethernet im barely hitting 20mb/s
this is getting annoying to the point where i will probably return this

Hello,

I'm having the same issue! Same router and all; did you ever find a solution to this?

yeah turns out on my download manager i had Max Chunks(connections) set to 1. I changed it to 4 and speeds went up immediately. I use Jdownloader. Dont ask how or why this was the problem but my issue went away immediately.

Thanks for the reply greeknasty. We're seeing the issue with different computers. Strangely enough we swapped the router and we've having the same issue....very strange for sure

Have you tried powering down both your router and modem for about 30 minutes so your ISP will reset your connection?

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm looking to power cycle everything near the end of our work day....hopefully it will yield some results. I'm beginning to think it's an issue with the ISP's modem....to make the issue stranger, when directly connected to the modem the down/up speeds are reversed than what I see behind the router

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!