What's new

qos_rulelist vs qos_ruleset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ajoyner

Occasional Visitor
What is the difference between these two values? I wanted to modify the mac address of an existing QOS rule. Changing the value of qos_ruleset didn't change anything in the UI, where as changing qos_rulelist did. I changed them both to be safe, but was just curious if changing qos_ruleset was necessary.

I did a grep and can't find any reference to 'qos_ruleset' in the current code. Possibly they changed a name somewhere or it's embedded in one of the adaptive closed source components. When is the last time you did a reset to factory defaults? (if the former case, it will disappear).

Thanks for the reply.

I typically reset to defaults after every update, but then I use the "NVRAM Save/Restore Utility" found on this site to restore my settings. If you aren't finding it, I guess it may be something that was left behind in one of the previous builds and is no longer used. I would assume it's safe to ignore then.